The NHL Thread: It’s Back

I asked my wife, who can name about 15 hockey teams. She couldn’t name one current player in the NHL. People that aren’t hockey fans, even casual fans, have no idea who CMcD is

Those same fans will know Mahomes and Steph and ohtani

But he’s not left.

reporting to offseason thread

I haven’t watched hockey in a long time so I’m sure casual people have no idea who anyone is.

Do non-sports fans know who Ohtani is? Mike Trout? Those guys have barely been marketed at all.

Probably not. Definitely not.

Maybe ohtani is a stretch. My wife know who he is but she has heard me talk about him for three years now.

She couldn’t even name 1 red wing. So sad.

Truth be told, I don’t think I can name one Red Wing off the top of my head.

1 Like

larkin. is abdelkader still lacing them up?

Not for the last five years or so…

We didn’t lose for Hughes hard enough

As we are Canadian my gf could name Guerrero As “jr” and thats it for baseball

I can but it’s a cardinal

Canes and Panthers going to a 4th OT. :astonished:

What a game. Watched it all. Reminds me of that penguins game back in the 90s. My brother and I watched it all. Stayed up until about 1:30-2. Good times

2 Likes

Nothing like playoff ot hockey but 4ot is exhausting.

it was only 11 on the best coast

More than the time I find overtime hockey to create high levels of anxiety even when I don’t have a vested interest. For it to keep going, wears me out.

If it were the stars I would be dead today.

The should have just allowed the 1st OT FLA goal.

(Clear goalie interference.). I didn’t make it much past that.

Dubas out as Leafs GM. Seems like a mistake by the Leafs. Not sure who they can find that will be better. Could also be somewhat of a power play in that the old boys in charge at the Leafs don’t want him to eventually take their jobs.