The NHL Thread: It’s Back

Ouch I hadn’t seen the stick hold. I think driving him off was probably ok and rarely called. Probably the stick hold didn’t keep the D-man from making a play as his momentum was in the wrong direction already. Certainly the action as a distraction to the goalie.

Sucks cause it’s technically a legit penalty but I think that filed under “that’s hockey”.

You can’t just skate at a defenseman and move him out of the play as he’s trying to check someone.

Defenseman should have sold it better by moving toward the puck carrier and then falling backwards to the contact by Gudas, still ref should have seen it.

I can’t recall seeing many, or maybe any penalties called as a result of something that happened at roughly the same moment of a goal. Agree, this should be one of those cases, but it’s not something seen that often. Pretty surprised by this Panther run. Maybe they were just playing possum during the regular season and saved it up for now.

Game 7 Tavares goal against Tampa last year was called off (rightfully) for the same thing

Its goaltending. In the regular season they were 5th in the league in goals scored with bad goaltending. In the playoffs they’ve been the same high octane offense team but with good goaltending.

1 Like

Yep. Was the opposite with the Devils. Vanny was solid during the regular season and never got going during the playoffs and Schmid is a good not great goalie who stood on his head against the Rangers and then ran out of gas against the Canes. If Vanny comes out and blanks the Rangers or only gives up 1 goal instead of five in game 1, the playoffs take an entirely different shape.

Ive got FL > CAR specifically for that reason. An on fire goalie is going to stifle them

1 Like

And the trip against Tcachuk on the wrap-around that wasn’t called? Also in OT.

leafs made it to the second round after obvious high stick on Branden Hagel not called… thems the breaks.

Glad to see so many traditional hockey hotbeds represented in the conference finals.

Not to mention all the superstars and household names left in the playoffs. Who are they again?

I would argue there are zero household names playing in the NHL right now

Bobrofsky
Tcachuk
Eichel
Hughes

As far as names, those four jump out to me and I’m a mildly active hockey fan. I’m sure I could come with more and recognize even more.

My nephew is a puck head. He can probably give you salary cap info on everyone left.

Hughes is out now. Eichel isn’t really playing that great. All the teams left have quite a few nobodies. I guess you could say Aho is the biggest star with Carolina. Tkachuk and Barkov for the Panthers, Robertson for the Stars, and maybe Grubauer for the Kraken, but that’s a reach. And yeah, the league in general could use more stars.

Dude no one knows bobrowski. We aren’t talking about hockey fans

LeBron and Messi and Federer. Those are household names. Gretzky. Lemiuex

There is no one right now normies would know

Funny that that had him and Bryzgolav on The Flyers and they kept the wrong guy. 11-12 years later Bob is still going.

The Kraken has been recalled.

LOL the northernmost team in the final four is in Las Vegas.

4 Likes

:notes: sweet home Alabama :notes:

As for known players I was last into the nhl 5-6 years ago. I know very few players, even on the stars I just know seguin and Benn and Miro because he got drafted when I was still watching hockey.

I have no idea who the best players are let alone who the best players left are.

Anyone with even a passing interest in hockey will know that McDavid is the best player. Its not even close.