The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

A peak in at gameday signs for college. Possibly some local radio pregame for Eagles, but every time I’ve flipped past the tv networks, they are trash.

Is nowhere safe from having to see Pat McAfee.

I never watched the cable shows that start far earlier in the morning, but I used to pretty regularly flip on FOX and CBS at noon. I haven’t watched a minute of any of them in maybe 15+ years, though. It’s probably part just life changing and spending time on different things, but also partly the fault of the shows for turning me away. I don’t need to see 18 people fake-laughing uproariously at each other for 60 minutes.

People watch pre-game shows?!?
Haven’t in decades. Ever since that internet thing came along to deliver up to the minute info

Being on the west coast helps where I can wake up at 9:55 and start watching the games. If I had to wait until 1pm, I might get bored enough to watch the pregame shows.

For me growing up Saturday/Sunday morning cartoons just got replaced with football pregame shows when I hit a certain age. I long for the days of enough free time to watch 2 hours of talking about football before 9 hours of actual football.

how though? josh allen and the pin # guy were in on it?

Chiefs 4-0 cause the refs cheated the entire game such bs

:slight_smile:

Seriously though that KC defense is really good.

Probably, but mostly Occam’s Razer. That mind reading hocus pocus isn’t real so we know it is a trick. How well done the trick is doesn’t make it any more real. Yes, I am a lot of fun at parties, why do you ask?

1 Like

its not fair that the best qb also has the best HC and the best DC in the league

if i was the bills i would fire McDermott and make Spags the highest paid coach in the league. even if it doesnt improve your team just getting him off the chiefs would be worth it

stop right there i can only get so erect

I mean yeah okay gg Titans. I had no idea why the Dolphins were even favored in this, given that they started a guy at qb who was this time last week iirc on the Ravens practice squad. The results were predictable. Not even mad

However, the person(s) responsible for them not having a serviceable backup to Tua need to be out of there by cob tomorrow. Not even kidding

It’s one thing for the team to decide to roll the dice on Tua, go all-in on him. give him a quarter billion and pray he can return to his previous form. It’s another to KNOW that this guy has had 3 concussions in 4 years*, some pretty bad ones too, and be like, “I think Skyler Thompson is our backup qb and when do 3rd stringers even play? Thats just textbook malpractice

*coming into 2024, now up to 4in 5 years

1 Like

100 percent. MCD sucks. Couldn’t teach his franchise QB how to slide, and has no contingency plan whenhe inevitably gets hurt. Meanwhile Lafleur is scheming up shit for Malik Willis with less talented playmakers than Miami has and getting dubs. Pathetic

McDaniel created an offense built around Tua’s unique talents. I assume it’s got to be really hard for other qbs to learn and play that system.

Why put resources into a doomed situation? Unless you have Tom Brady or Steve Young as your backup, any team is pretty screwed if they lose the starting QB long term.

Yep, backup below-replacement-level QBs are not worth losing sleep over. If you need one or have the wrong one, it’s too late.

Get outta here. Brock Purdy was a backup. Geno Smith was a back up. Malik Willis just won 2 games for green bay while Love was getting over an injury. Big Dick Nick won a god damn superbowl off the bench. Dalton has completely transformed the Panthers offense. It is an organizational failure that Skylar Thompson was Miamis backup qb. They have top tier weapons and no qb to run the offense.

3 Likes

They could’ve had Fields for a 5th rounder if they wanted a solid backup too.

1 Like

Thompson was the 3rd string QB in 22 and 23 and was awful whenever he had to play. So they got rid of the backups and promoted him. Got it.

2 Likes