The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

They may be better than Skylar Thompson or Tyler Huntley, but none of those other guys are leading this Miami Dolphins team to a championship. (Tua wasn’t going to either, but yeah, Andy Dalton is just going to move you back from Pick 5 to Pick 10 in the draft).

That is a good point. They should lose every game and draft a QB at one

1 Like

Only if there’s a good one available though, otherwise they should take a punter to maintain 1.01 equity for the following year.

Next year’s qb draft class kind of stinks imo. I dont see any locks out of this crew:

There haven’t been any locks in a while. Trevor Lawrence was the last lock and he’s been decent but sort of average. Same with Burrow. I am convinced that QB talent in general is just down league wide. I’m not 100% buying that it’s just defenses figuring shit out as the best QBs continue to put up decent numbers.

I get that good backup QBs are pretty rare and the experienced good ones like Dalton and Flacco are going to be $5mil/year. Outside of the Chiefs who are like the one team in the NFL right now where “just let the QB carry us” is a legitimate plan, the other 31 teams, or at least the rest of the good ones, still have a fighting chance with a respectable backup. Not having a decent backup in place is borderline malpractice IMO.

Was it here that I saw the tweet that showed that Danny Dimes and Trevor have almost identical stats? Sunshine such a huge bust, but shows how important marketing is to the perception of good vs. trash.