The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

That’s unfortunate, but lordy this next part… I guess he does have expertise in the matter:

Edit: my pony has Parkinson’s. It may have stolen welfare money as well.

1 Like

Don’t care. FBF

2 Likes

Parkinson’s symptoms can include impulsive/compulsive behavior, hallucinations and delusions, irritability and anger. It probably doesn’t help if you’re a dick to start with. Favre might be trying to excuse his crimes. That might not be completely unreasonable. I guess it’s complicated.

100% junior soprano. His grift was years ago now. His dick picks must be about 15 years.

Bringing up Parkinson’s now, even if true is just part of the con.

yikes

https://x.com/nfl_memes/status/1838428511104626913?s=46&t=hUTQWHj9NQWf8Y8RgMv1TA

5 Likes

I’m not saying he’s a bust but he was definitely insanely hyped up only to turn out pretty mid so far. Although TBH the QB position is pretty mid in general right now. We were kind of spoiled the last 20 years that we had a handful of generational talents playing all at once. Now it’s Mahomes and a whole bunch of mid tier guys.

Passing is down bigly league wide the last few years and I’m pretty sure a lot of it is just the arm talent isn’t there right now.

1 Like

I’d find it hard to believe that in an era where every athletic thing is optimized that somehow a thing that had a ton of room for optimization has stagnated or gone backwards in terms of guys’ ability to throw a football.

I listened to Derek Thompson’s Plain English Podcast. He interviewed Robert Mays from the Athletic about why offense and specifically passing offense is down nowadays.

His main theory or takeaway seems to be mostly that defenses have gotten a lot better in the last 5-6 years specifically in executing and disguising coverages. That if you go back to 2006, somebody with the experience and talent of Brady or Manning could look at a defense pre-snap, and audible or hot route into a winning play because they knew exactly what the defense was running.

Defenses got a little better at disguising it, but still had no idea how to defend the pre-snap motion heavy schemes of Shanahan or McVay in 2017-2018. They’ve finally caught up to that and have figured out ways to stay in a 2 deep shell so big shots aren’t available but also disguise the underneath coverage well enough that it makes the QB unsure of where to go with the ball.

3 Likes

Anyone notice the new ref uniforms last night?

5 Likes

I remember back when the Spread offense was going to ruin football.

I remember when mouse Davis was using the run and shoot offense in Detroit. I used to use it on an obscure nfl game made by XOR that was on the Mac back when the Mac had no games.

i think i posted one of these a year or two ago, how tf does this happen? the football being a mickey mouse cake was, i have no idea. but specifically the pin number/jersey numbers… if he didn’t get the pin ahead of time and then tell josh to pick the two guys with those jerseys, ain’t no psychological manipulation gonna get that to happen. :exploding_head:

like he had to get the guy to tell him he’d say disneyworld beforehand right? bc this shit fucks with me a little

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1840407489134612737?s=46&t=hUTQWHj9NQWf8Y8RgMv1TA

3 Likes

https://x.com/nfl_memes/status/1840497120685527490?s=46&t=hICOYYyCHuimCJQWftVfBQ

2 Likes

It was rigged.

1 Like

The powers that be have decided to replicate the Ryan Seacrest experience except with a way more annoying person.

Oh good, we get to hear more from the lonesome kicker

I used to watch that show every Sunday morning but I don’t pregame shows any more. I don’t think I could take Pat even though I don’t necessarily dislike him, just not interested in what he has to say.

NFL pregame shows became unwatchable for me sometime in the 90s.

1 Like

I don’t watch them either, but when the subject comes up I’ll grab any excuse I can to post this clip.

6 Likes

this is so obviously the expert play