The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

If players aren’t getting the message from what happened to Ruggs, nothing the league does will influence them

It’s on video but no one got hurt. Like someone said, he eats a 4-8 game suspension and everyone moves on and forgets it happened.

Yes, but I think it probably happens in the upcoming season. I think Rice admits he was driving and settles pretty quickly, under pressure from the Chiefs. No one wants this to drag out.

Surely they will impound and the cars, put the dogs on them, and run the computers? Looks like it’s a third degree felony in Texas if the racing results in an injury to another party, which I believe was already confirmed? Second degree for serious injury or death which doesn’t seem to be the case here.

According to police, the chain reaction incident involved six vehicles. The drivers of the speeding cars ran from the scene. Paramedics treated minor injuries on the scene, while two victims were taken to the hospital.

lol what a fucking moron

should banish him to a job better suited for morons, like running Tesla or something.

This is an absolute wet dream for personal injury lawyers haha. I’ve already seen several of them representing the victims hamming it up in interviews.

What the hell happened here???

Weird, Texans seemed set with Nico and Tank. Diggs last 2/3 of the season was awful, I think he’s done but he’s definitely going to a good spot.

PFF still grades him highly for whatever that’s worth. Clear upgrade over Woods who isn’t great these days. Noah Brown looked good when he wasn’t injured but ended up playing with a broken back I think? Metchie has been saddled with injuries and majorly disappointing. All of those WR injuries piling up might have changed their perspective on whether you can have too much depth at WR for a pass-first offense with no rushing game. The Joe Mixon thing was weird. Cincy released him then retroactively unreleased and traded him to Houston who signed him to 3/27.

I sort of like it for the Bills. Yeah, it downgrades them next year, but Diggs was expensive, starting to decline, and at the age where speedy WRs often fall off a cliff. He also seemed unhappy and to have conflicts with Allen, so maybe this doesn’t upset the team.

Bills were already in a tough spot for next year due to salary cap cuts, so maybe it’s better to do a mini-rebuild. I am surprised they couldn’t get more though - given they are eating $31 million and going forward he’s going to be basically on a year-to-year contract at $18 million.

The trade comes a day after Diggs responded to a social media user’s declaration that he wasn’t essential to Bills quarterback Josh Allen’s success by replying, “You sure?”

:leolol:

2 Likes

Good riddance.

Guy is a good player but obviously has lost a significant step.

Now the Bills don’t have to pretend that their best WR is a team-first leader and not a ticking time bomb threatening to implode the franchise at any moment.

And I’m sure Josh Allen won’t miss being asked 100 times a day whether he and Diggs “are good”.

Also, I’m old enough to remember when Josh put the team on his back against KC in the playoffs this year and dropped a 4th quarter go ahead laser guided DIME right into Diggs’ hands, which he dropped. Jogged back to the huddle laughing and making the “it was THIS close” hand gesture as if he would have caught a ball two inches lower instead of blundering the season away.

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Edit: and also obviously good teams part with assets before they go to zero but that’s obvious.

1 Like

WTF is NFLN doing? Good Morning Football had record ratings this year and they’re basically trying to kill it by moving it to LA. I’m sure the hosts will be really lively at 4am PST. NYC is a character in that show. No one cares about LA.

I thought that maybe Brandt and Schrager were moving on and going to create a new show, but they couldn’t talk about it until GMFB officially paused. But I guess not.

2 Likes

NFL Network’s headquarters are in L.A. (Culver City). That place has had nothing but head scratching decisions since practically its inception, so don’t be surprised about any of it.

High school rank seems so college.

I can see it being a negative in college as it moves players into tiers. In the pros I can see it as a positive as it shows everyone that natural ability and talent only gets you so far and that some of your team’s top players had to work to get where they are and that work ethic can turn nobodies into stars.

2 Likes

That Ted lasso shit isn’t going to work in the pros

Can’t wait to watch him go 5-12 for a few years.

the man took Kaep to a SB thats pretty impressive

1 Like

Yeah, without reading about it, it’s probably meant to show that what anyone did in the past doesn’t matter. They are all in the NFL now.