The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

https://twitter.com/ChrisBrowneCFA/status/1747748219273318604

10 Likes
1 Like

Just the Chefs getting all the calls again.

My counter

Fuck off

2 Likes

Chiefs fans really are the new Patriot fans. Happened so quick

edit: We can all see the games

If the good calls come early enough and often enough then they won’t be 10% WPA swings.
Favoritism is not just about what gets called in big moments, it’s also about what obviously penalties (by who) don’t get called.

3 Likes

lolol

The thing with that hit was the NFL has basically told players to go low when tackling a receiver. They’ve essentially traded concussions for ACLs. Maybe that’s the right tradeoff given what we’ve learned about the long term effects of head injuries and with advancements in knee surgery. It still sucks though. 20 years ago the safety would’ve got his ass kicked by the Rams for that hit, as diving at the legs was considered dirty, guys would rather take the knockout blow up high.

I’m not entirely convinced that there’s not a way to hit a guy legally up high that doesn’t involve forcible contact to the head but, the league has made it clear.

As for the PI call, I’d propose a trade with the NFL. Refs can throw more close PI flags, but PI is now a 10 yard penalty. No more 40+ yard gifts on 50/50 balls where there’s contact or a grab. The argument that guys will just commit blatant PI on deep shots hasn’t born out in college. The 10 yard penalty + first down is still enough of a deterrent.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1747697466059706591

Same people bitching about this would explode if someone thanked allah or anyone else.

Pretty sure NBC would also edit that out so as not to offend their sponsors.

This thread is 100% the reason for my snarky comments. I’m not complaining about the refs.

Last week’s blowout—in which the Chiefs dominated the entire game, had plenty of high-leverage bad calls go against them, and a few inconsequential calls go their way—proved that this thread will have a meltdown after any Chiefs playoff win. The only question is how unhinged it will get.

2p2 at least will only meltdown when the Chiefs actually get more than their share of bad calls.

1 Like

Have you considered that they’re just trolling you and you’re giving them the response they seek?

2 Likes

As a member of the terminally online, I feel like I can usually tell trolling from legitimate histrionics.

JFC they just cut into Good Morning Football for a Mike McCarthy press conference to announce he’s not getting fired. Make it stop. Fucking Cowboys dominating all NFL punditry is like the horror villain that won’t die.

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1747801705389978076

MLFootball is on the Chefs get all the calls bandwagon. Nevermind that Mahomes’ all time record is 86-25.

It’s pretty hilarious how unhinged and full of histrionics homers get when their team benefits from refballing. DO NOT DISPARAGE MY LEGITIMATE AND VERY PERSONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS I AM NOT MAD DO NOT WRITE IN THE NEWSPAPER THAT I AM MAD.

3 Likes

Them getting boned in week whatever on the road vs trash can to go from 5-1 to 5-2

Not equal

Gifted Super Bowl on trash call

That was a 45% win equity call

2 Likes

Lucky for suzzer you guys have forgotten about the PI call against the 9ers on the late Kelce incompletion that gifted them that game as well.

1 Like

Bradbury said it was holding. It only seemed like a trash call because they never showed the correct replay and Olsen kept going off on it.

That’s a full on jersey grab right where the refs can see it, which massively affected Juju’s route. Tell me you’d be complaining about that call if it had gone the other way. I may be a homer, but some of you are massive haters, to the point where you’re blinded by rage.

Maybe be mad at the Eagles for not realizing a penalty is much worse than giving up a TD there. Coaches should have been in their ears that a TD is not the end of the world, but an automatic first down penalty is. Not the place to try to push the envelope and hope to get away with one. You get beat off the line, just try to catch up, but don’t get grabby.

There could be 5 huge iffy calls go against the Chiefs this weekend, but you can bet this thread will melt down the first time one goes for them. The Chiefs could win by 35 and some posters would still be claiming the refs gifted them the game.

1 Like