The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Wasn’t it like a month ago when everyone said the AFC was trash and that the NFCCG was the real Superbowl.

1 Like

Weird tidbit in this - only 8 teams are +ve in the AFC (and only 2 in the AFCN), and there are still 7 teams +ve in the NFC.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/PayTheBillsPod/status/1721919862841237597

9 Likes

Love how Gruden was the commentator. That whole Oakland cycle occurred in the interval.

Did the officials or league come out after and admit they botched that?

Amazing to watch the hits and tackles allowed. Also same old bears!

Wouldn’t the first one be legal today? QB was out of the pocket.

I think it would still be deemed unnecessary roughness and get fined + start fights.

Texans dropping two bad ones at Atlanta and Carolina gonna be brutal for them. They’re currently 4-4 and +6.5 @ Bengals this week. Anything can happen but Texans currently listing 23/53 players on injury report. Most of these guys probably play but it’s only gonna take a few scratches or reinjuries to turn this into a glorified practice squad. The defense looked hopeless against Tampa, and they might be playing another game without a kicker.

Pierce could not go last week which made Singletary the feature back. They did not run the ball. Part of that was game script but also there was no there there, and Bengals aren’t a good matchup for a team playing from behind with no run game. If Collins can’t go that’s a big deal. However, it’s worse on defense. Both edges are banged up (Anderson, Greenard) as are their best pieces in the secondary (Ward, Nelson). Bengals are down Higgins and Hubbard but I don’t think that changes things much unless Chase isn’t healthy.

I know guys back then would much rather get hit up high than be rolled up on like that. Because even a knockout blow concussion might only sideline you for that series. A blown up knee could be career ending.

https://twitter.com/gavinmchughh/status/1723872509844435430?t=ZEjkWuQOpBtyYSJBcme_Jw&s=19

Is that the actual lead singer of Creed?
Is Dobbs super Christian or is it just the team that is?

Cousins I think said the team listens to Creed all the time so I would think they still do.

No it’s just a random tiktoker.

I’m assuming Dobbs just saw it and thought it was cool.

I do think quite a few teams listen to Creed - not sure if it’s for Christian reasons, though.

Haha I saw that last night scrolling tiktok. Love J Dobbs

Dobbs is pretty open about being Christian but I’m pretty sure the Kirk Cousins listening to Creed thing has become a massive meme at this point.

I was checking where 2023 NYG would rank all time in a sacks allowed thinking they must be near the worst ever. At this rate they’re an easy 2nd but are somehow only on track (adjusted for 16 games) to finish 18 sacks behind first. The 1986 Eagles allowed 104 sacks in 16 games somehow. NYG on track for 86 through 16 games. Current 2nd all time is 78 by ARI in 1998. How the fuck did a team allow 26 more sacks than any other team in history?! They allowed 40 more sacks than 2nd worst for 1986!

Cunningham sacked 72 times while starting only 5 games! Can’t find snap counts for this season but he was sacked 45 times across his 5 starts. I wonder if the number was so high because he was Justin Fields-style running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage while scrambling maybe.

2 Likes

Lawrence Taylor won MVP that year. 7 of his 20.5 sacks came in his two games against the Eagles. Maybe Cunningham put him over the hump?

1 Like

0 in game posts or NFL thread posts within 8 hours of the most hilarious end of game ending this season.

I missed the game but I see broncos country rode.

omg

https://twitter.com/big_business_/status/1724298743267148127

5 Likes