The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

This contract is almost certainly a blunder.

I looked up his stats when I posted, just to be sure, and had a laugh.

9 touchdowns though danny might have been lethal at the goal line!

Marinoā€™s legs were never the same after his injury in 93, is what Iā€™ve always said. Kept him from winning a title.

4/100 for sweat Lol bears

Dan Marino still was the best ever at moving around in the pocket despite not being able to run above 7 mph. Absolutely elite and super quick at moving 4 feet in any direction.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/11/05/raiders-josh-mcdaniels-firing-players-meeting-broke-head-coach

Daniel Jones torn ACL confirmed.

Of his 30 attempts yesterday, Mahomes threw only 7 passes beyond 8 yards from the line of scrimmage. 13 were either behind the LOS or within 1 yard, including both touchdowns. Pretty wild.

But unlike Allen. PH just wins anyway

Mahomes on 20+ yard throws

2020: 13 TDs, 5 INTs
2021: 7 TDs, 3 INTs
2022: 3 TD, 3 INTs
2023: 1 TD, 7 INTs

I think this is just a blip on the radar, but it ainā€™t great.

Mahomes hasnā€™t played well this year. His tackles are generally an upgrade, but failing in completely different ways than last year. You can tell heā€™s not comfortable in the pocket while he waits for his bottom 5 WR corps to get open.

FWIW a couple of those INTs were arm punts, which Mahomes doesnā€™t mind making. Although it would be nice if our WRs could ever win a 50/50 ball.

But the defense has been so good this year, that the offense just needs to elevate a little, and of course the whole team needs to fade injuries. Which imo is a huge chunk of the game every year for teams with a legit shot to contend. Itā€™s just not fun for pundits to bring up injuries every time they talk about ā€œWhatā€™s wrong with the Bills?ā€

Now do both Mahomes and Tua with Tyreek and without Tyreek

1 Like

Nah, I totally agree that WRs matter a great deal for QB counting stats, obviously Tua isnā€™t anywhere in Mahomesā€™ league.

But itā€™s obviously not a great trend, particularly considering Mahomes has had very, very good time to throw this year. Pass Block Win Rate isnā€™t the best metric in the world, but itā€™s not bad and KC is far and away #1.

The curse of the elite QB - you cost a huge chunk of the cap and your team thinks (possibly correctly) that you are too good to need great receivers.

Yeah when you win a SB with JuJu, MVS and Justin Watson, it probably tempts the GM to find out just how low the WR corps can go.

Of course having a transcendent TE that produces like a top 5 WR helps too.

MVS is complete trash and has been ever since he was a Packer. I was shocked that anyone went after him as a free agent.

He balled out in the AFCCG when everyone else went down. If he does that once per playoffs heā€™s worth it.

What if he does that once per career?

2 Likes

Still worth it, assuming we got the one time, and his tenure with the Chiefs is 2 years.

https://x.com/jimmykempski/status/1721877506532237712?s=46&t=xDdUhsZbej2-4ajZEaV9eQ

2 Likes