The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Is it a guy who could levitate into the endzone through the power of prayer? Perhaps he won a playoff game in OT on one 80 yard bomb because the defense put everyone in the box rightly believing that he couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn?

1 Like

Possibly the greatest moment in sports history.

It was certainly one of the funniest.

God is good.

Hahaha. Duh :expressionless:

Pretty sure he’s still in way too many commercials - like the Heisman House ones, and probably some other random ones.

That was the first person that popped into my head because I recently watched one of those commercials and wondered WTF is Tim Tebow still relevant to anyone?

It’s not Tebow, it’s Doug Flutie.

Right - it’s all recent winners and all-time greats, and then Tim Tebow.

1 Like

My first guess was Fitzpatrick too. He is in so many commercials.

But seems the dad would note his beard.

Even though he’s not the right answer, it is truly incredible how Ryan Fitzpatrick turned one postgame press conference into a whole retirement plan.

My guess was Flutie. We have to factor in that we’re talking about an old here, so it’s possible he’s talking about someone who is not a quarterback, may not have even been in the NFL, or actually made it in the NFL.

1 Like

Fair points. Olds also do this thing where “now” could mean anywhere from 10 years ago to actual now.

Alex Smith? He’s in some biking shoe commercial or something.

Dan Marino is still inexplicably in a bunch of ads, not a running quarterback though.

Speaking of ads, im not sure ive ever hated a series of ads more than the Tom Brady Hertz ads.

1 Like

Just to be clear, it was Tebow.

1 Like

Bears extend sweat at $25 million per year. When you have chance to lock up a slightly-above average DE for top of the market pay gotta jump on it.

Did they front load it? Seems like they should have more cap room now and could do so….

Dan Marino was barely a walking QB.

2 Likes