The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

well as everyone expected this was a mess

commanders, dolphins, texans check
49ers wtf, bears no

flowers hit recs but maybe not rec yards, hockenson dunno, chase dunno without looking it up

Hock just missed on yards i wad watching the game with a bunch of people that were on that. Chase was under too, his line was mid to upper 80s i believe.

Did the eagles sign Julio jones?

Yeah

Happened early yesterday, but Iā€™ve seen very little chatter about it. Itā€™s an interesting pickup for the eagles. Low risk with hopefully big reward. Heā€™s old and well past his prime, but with AJB, Smith, Goedert, etc on the field heā€™s an added weapon that could cause issues for opposing defenses. I donā€™t think on his own heā€™d be a star anymore, but as one piece of a multi threat offense he should have some value.

I donā€™t follow the Eagles too closely but usually the #3 and #4 WR has some special teams obligations in addition to the role on offense, either as returner, gunner, or blocking on kick returns. I doubt Julio offers any value there.

I donā€™t understand it, didnā€™t Julio play last year or the year before and was bad?

You can never have too many washed guys on your roster.

Julio is completely washed, probably gets hurt the first game he plays

Heā€™s washed but might still have a role to play as a possession receiver who can make some tougher red zone catches. Guys like him can have a role to play in their twilight years if they want to, as long as the team can recognize this and not try to use them in the same role they were used when they were 25. Guys like Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Cris Carter, Anquan Boldin etc. were still productive in their mid to late 30s after their speed and quickness was gone.

The Eagles already have a couple good field stretching WRs, but a big body in the red zone is always nice. As long as he still knows how to run a route and catch, he could be effective.

Heā€™s never been a redzone guy though, his touchdown numbers are really bad for someone as dominant as he was. Plus he hasnā€™t been healthy for years

Havenā€™t seen money yet but they probably payed him very little for the 1 year deal. Sure, he probably makes little to no impact but thereā€™s certainly some potential upside there for what I presume is low risk, and if it doesnā€™t work out, no big deal. I can see him making one or two catches in a big spot. If he makes even one play that helps them win a close game itā€™s worth it. If gets hurt, meh.

guys, heā€™s on the practice squadā€“he might just be there to teach some younger WRā€™s things or to fill in if someoneā€™s out a week. Eagles have 3 other WRā€™s on the PS.

thatā€™s totally fine except I donā€™t think vets of THAT long should be allowed on practice squads but those are the rules.

https://twitter.com/lebatardshowfan/status/1714933678353142169?t=qQlAJVvp-TBWUrHMWvBr9g&s=19

5 Likes

Nasty

1 Like

edmunds and fifth/sixth going back

players are agreeing to restructred lower contracts then getting cut/traded anyway

I get it cause cut = you get nothing but like Iā€™d be pretty much at **** off to the GM that asks at this point.

also who is excited for TYSON BAGENT SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL?

the bears will run an offense out of like the 40s, no throws past 15 yards and all the STABLISHING

3 Likes

If the Titans are blowing it up and they probably should cause that schedule was easy and they still suck, Henry to the Bears would be interesting. I donā€™t know if theyā€™d bother since it wonā€™t be a lot in return tho. Hopkins contract will keep him in TEN I presume too.

Are you excitied for panther bears thursday night football?

:vince1:

2 Likes

Does anybody have the Powerwasher_Man screen name yet? Cause boy do I have a game for him