The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Just punted on 4th and 3 from the Saints 40 down 24.

1 Like

I just found out Eddie was Walterā€™s brother.

Jk I knew that

None of the longetivity coaches seem to go out gracefully. Itā€™s always in a pit of despair.

I feel like he was actually better on these decisions 15 years ago. Itā€™s not just that the rest of the league caught upā€“he also went backwards.

seemed like he never really recovered after the media eviscerated him on the correct fourth and 2 in his own end go for it against peyton manning on SNF that didnā€™t work and they lost. media was screaming trust your defense, after that defense gave up a TD seemingly every drive of that second half.

Someone looked at this, and historically heā€™s actually been very conservative. People remember going for it against the Colts, but that was an outlier for him.

It just hasnā€™t mattered because heā€™s had Brady bail him out.

Edit to add - I guess I was misremembering - heā€™s been super conservative since 2012. Before then he was more aggressive.

1 Like

Reek tried to be too smart there. Should have just gotten the 1st down.

Winner winner chicken dinner

2 Likes

Mega elite camera work in Atlanta.

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/1711388808803946795?t=AWEXs_iE1xLCTfdZn7ZbKA&s=19

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/1711421423162405313?t=QYqNcGImVNN3hQqkLqUSLQ&s=19

2 Likes

Kinda makes me barfy tbh

Suck it up and watch.

I know itā€™s the falcons but itā€™s still watchable

1 Like

Thereā€™s a further Manning connection you also could have mentioned.

I was trying to keep it simple. Really, really simple.

Itā€™s weird because the point where Burrow got healthy was in the 2nd half of that game. I watched the A22 analysis and dude couldnā€™t move last week. First half didnā€™t look much better. Then he comes out 3Q backpedaling, sliding, scrambling for 1st downs, and pushing a 60-yd missile downfield.

Packer fans after Jordan Loveā€™s 6th NFL start, fire everyone this is the worst ever I canā€™t take this anymore.
as a starter

Brett Favre first 3 NFL seasons 9-7 each
Aaron Rodgers first NFL season 6-10

the rest of the north is laughing at your fanbase, sure the OL/QB blow and the D coordinator is an idiot and thatā€™s still better than the avg season as a bears fan (had all 3 of that so often) cause we get major organizational dysfunction. The worst GB had was an annoying diva at QB.

Also the packers are now 1-4 vs Jimmy G hahahaha.

Perhaps the issue is that Favre and Rodgers were good and Love is not good.

I kid, I kid. Sort of. Not really. But definitely kidding.

Iā€™m happy to be patient with Love. There are definitely things heā€™s done well and things he hasnā€™t. He also has a shit OL and inexperienced WRs and TEs. I do like that he seems pretty calm out there, like he knows what heā€™s doing. He doesnā€™t always do it, but Iā€™m fine letting him take his lumps to see where he goes.

I knew the team would be bad, so I might as well enjoy watching the young guys trying to find their way.

nice to see when the fans are mad after week 5, the owners are still patient

2 Likes