The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

CJ Stroud is way way better than I thought he would be. He is making Tank Dell and Nico Collins a lot of money this year so far.

Pour one out for the bears great.

He was great in My Two Dads.

2 Likes

My dad bought the newspaper grill that Butkus did infomercials for. It was really small, could only cook a couple burgers or hotdogs on it, but it actually worked pretty well. And it was fun to use when we were kids.

oh my god just heard right now, RIP Dick Butkus, the guy who reacted to having the worst name in the history of junior high by building his whole life around publicly beating the shit out of the scariest people on earth. For me this makes how bad and unBearlike the Bears are suddenly feel a lot more embarrassing. Butkus is such a Chicago legend, the way his shoulder pads were always seemed to me like if the monolith from 2001 came to life and just started pulverizing the world. And that it turned out he was also so legitimately sweet and funny off the field was just perfect. Ah man, at least this will make me rewatch his highlight videos for the millionth time, the ones where he clobbers some anonymous Cowboy or Colt and NFL Films plays a bunch of weird flutes in the background and Ed Oā€™Bradovich says something hilarious and Tom Landry says something else that makes me think heā€™s a lost Bush brother

8 Likes

oh no one of the all time bears greats and dude was hilarious too

was on some TV shows too

:cry:

I heard today teams on Thursday night coming off overtime the Sunday before are 3-21 ats. Was never betting hard-earned cheese on the bears obv but still, looks legit

last year or two butkus was tweet taunting rodgers before either the playoff game he lost or the lions game I forgot he lost and responded after with ā€œhe mustā€™ve had something on his mindā€ and took credit for it was so funny.

https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/status/1710013542085140957?s=20

butkus quotes
I wouldnā€™t ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important ā€“ like a league game or something.

When I was ten, I told her about my plans to play football. Most mothers would try to talk their son out of such a notion, but Mom encouraged me.

I think we need to move this to the hot take thread.

Iā€™m doing both and if this idiot can do it anyone can.

I suppose I could also claim that Iā€™m doing both. Over the last few years Iā€™ve made about 10 NFL bets documented on UP and I think I was only wrong once.

My portfolio consists of mostly VTI and a fuckton of NVDA which I luckboxed. There are also some other individual stocks and even those are ahead of S&P 500 on aggregate, but they are much smaller positions.

But thatā€™s not what people mean when they say ā€œbeating NFL spreadsā€ or ā€œbeating the marketā€.

you know that simpsons moment where he says we won we won but we canā€™t get pizza cause he bet on the other team

closest to how I feel right now, but theyā€™ll win some more games probably, schedule is soft as all hell. whatever the panthers are the worst so keep losing

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1709940994303811956

4 Likes

when walter payton passed away, an awful bears team blocked a 28 yard field goal at the end of the game up by 1 to beat the packers

when dick butkus passed away, an awful bears team beat down communists

1 Like

Moore got more yards tonight and two more touchdowns than Chase Claypool did as a Chicago Bear

Never fails

(other than the three times it failed)

Dolphins traded for Chase Claypool so they can never use him, rather than waiting for him to get cut and picking him up for free off the waiver wire so they can never use him