The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Steelers +4.5 was a RAS play but they moved the line after.

1 Like

Did they take a position on PIT / HOU?

I donā€™t subscribe but from what I can tell last week was

NYG +1.5 lol
Kyren Williams o23.5 rec yards W
TB o39 L
TEN u42.5 W
Palmer (LAC) o45.5 W

In general Iā€™d argue betting spreads are sucker plays but itā€™s those NYG +1.5 that keep me interested early before the models catch up. Nothing more gratifying than cashing tickets against dumpster fires. Maybe RAS on a sneaky Trubes > Pick-It angle or something.

Theres virtually 0% anyone can beat nfl spreads over time

W1 49ers (-1) at Steelers

Who u got?

1 Like

Judon out 8 weeks
Gonzalez toast for the rest of the season

Put the 2023 Patriots organization on a lawnmower and Iā€™ll fire that motherfucker into deep space.

2 Likes

The only two watchable players this season (with Rhamondre doing very little).

Well, I guess Dugger is still fun.

Belichick should retire before casuals figure out that Brady was the genius behind the Patriots

How much longer does he need to stay to make sure his kids are on the head coaching track without him there?

The Ravens were -1 this last week vs. the Browns with a rookie 5th round draft pick QB under center at the last minute. Hard disagree you canā€™t beat NFL spreads. You just need to pick your spots. If you bet every game or even 4-5 games a week I agree there is very little chance you could win long term.

Given the dumpster fire the Steelers and Patriots are currently putting out on the field, what odds would you guys set on a bet for whether Tomlin or Belichick are the first to not be coaching for their current teams?

• Bill has the bigger legend but higher age and probably closer to retirement
  • Rooneys have let every head coach since the late 1960ā€™s leave on their own terms
  • Steeler fan base is pretty racist and 40% would want Tomlin fired even if he wins the Superbowl

Tomlin -200
Belichick +160

1 Like

Bud Grant almost came back to coach the Vikings in 2004.

He was 77 years old. Aside from that how many other coaches were hired in their early 70s? Even Joe Gibbs and Bill Parcells were in their upper 60s when they made comeback.

common trope but itā€™s obviously wrong

NFL is just the hardest sport to do it

ie, Texans have been way better than people thought cause stroudā€™s been good, books havenā€™t quite adjusted to that.

atl-2 is wild without looking up how good houston is at defending vs the run, ridder isnā€™t good so far.

Buf should be higher than 5.5 on the Jags too. editā€“errr missed it was london, ie jags home game

I think Belichick is staying until he breaks Shulaā€™s wins record.

But, itā€™s at the very least going to get awkward.

there have been BB on the hot seat rumors out there

honestly impressed that team was that close to playoffs or snuck in the last 2 seasons, talent isnā€™t good enough on that team for that.

with pit/ne maybe itā€™s just time for a change idk. Neither team is good and neither have good enough QB play to compensate for everything else wrong with the roster.

or in pitā€™s case, the OC

If I had to bet one game this week it would be Cincy ML or -3. Absolute must win spot and Burrow has to get healthy at some point right? Arizona has played out of their ass so far and the opposite is true for Cincy. Usually that is a good spot unless there is some locker room discord we donā€™t know about for the Bengals.

KC ML would be #2 for me.

Yeah thatā€™s the point. Typically I think the first few weeks are the only ones that are juicy. The models catch up probably between W5-W8, so if youā€™re only making 2-3 plays per week for 4-5 weeks itā€™s not that many bets. Doing it that way, it would arguably take decades to ā€œproveā€ if someone was winning, although I suspect designing the test as a sequential analysis that considers MoV makes more sense and would get there faster.

1 Like

I really want Cincy to turn it around but I follow Josh dobbs on tiktok and it seems to have given him power.

1 Like