The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Let’s say we take every QB who has ever played the game and put them in some competition where the only thing measured is throwing different throws. Throwing really far, throwing accurately on the run, throwing while someone is grabbing from behind and pulling you down, throwing sidearm because there’s a shoulder high pane of glass in front of your upper body. Throwing passes through rings of different heights and landing them into buckets. Throwing and hitting moving targets. Whatever other weird throws they can think up that are really challenging for and NFL QB.

I think Brady would probably do well but not be in the top 5-8 QBs of the last 50 years

Edit: I’m going to add throwing overinflated footballs to the mix

That seems super dubious to me. No way that at 42 he hadn’t lost at least a few mph on his ball, so that would mean in his prime he threw harder than anyone else ever has.

All he did was post a radar gun reading - no video, etc. Add in that Tom Brady is renowned for bs (like at the TB12 stuff) and I’m going to say that doesn’t pass the smell test.

Oh yeah, sure, definitely some guys out there that have a stronger arm. Josh Allen for example, he’s just terrific at rolling to his left and throwing deep.

I think we can all agree Brady doesn’t have the strongest arm in NFL history. All the evidence tells us his arm is very strong.

I think you misread this - Mahomes and Allen probably gained some velocity once they were pros.

But yeah, Brady threw super hard as a 42 year old. If you don’t trust the gun, watch the tape. That throw above against the Dolphins, he was 41 I think.

Brady had about as strong of an arm as a QB can have without being known as the guy with the strongest arm in the NFL.
He was top 5 probably his whole career. He could probably throw it further than Marino could, but Marino’s arm motion/quick release meant he had better arm talent.

Unsure if that makes sense, but Cunningham being able to throw it 78 yards in the air while taking 2 seconds to release the ball vs Marino throwing it 70 yards and releasing the ball with minimal windup and doing it in 1 second means Marino had a stronger arm.

I realize I’m rambling, but point is Brady and Rodgers had similar arm talent in that Brady could throw it a little further while Rodgers could fling it sidearm or off balance a little better. Either way they’re both known for having excellent arm talent.

1 Like

Lol we all have eyeballs gtfo with this brady laser rocket arm nonsense.

2 Likes

Look, there’s no need to beat around the bush with his arm strength stuff. Brady was a bad quarterback. Let’s all just say it out loud and admit it.

4 Likes

Obvious system QB. Just look at what happened to his career after he left the Pats vs how much success New England has had since. He’s not even in the league anymore.

4 Likes

I can’t imagine being such a hater to go all the way to “Brady didn’t have a strong arm” wtf is wrong with some of you

1 Like

Is this universally accepted? I’d have bet the farm that Brady could not throw farther than Rodgers.

Elite: Bills, Niners
Contenders: Chiefs, Eagles, Dolphins, Cowboys, Ravens, Lions
Also Rans: […]
Shadow Realm: Bears

Neary every pass is from the pocket.

Texans are getting 2 points at ATL oh man. They are gonna limit me real quick cashing these tickets. Ravens -3.5 on the road but Steelers are so fucking bad I don’t see how BAL doesn’t cover it. Jets +2 also tempting. Is nobody rewatching the shit games? The Steelers are an actual disaster right now.

TNF Upcoming:

W5 Bears @ Communists :harold:
W6 Broncos @ Chiefs :harold:
W7 Jags @ Saints :zzz:
W8 Bucs @ Bills :person_shrugging:
W9 Panthers @ Bears :harold:

1 Like

Nobody is even hating on Brady - he’s the best QB of all time full stop. He just didn’t have the strongest arm of all time. That’s all, not sure why the fanbois get defensive about that. It’s like someone freaking out if they heard that Greg Maddux didn’t have the zippiest fastball.

So… exactly what was said by the “fanbois” several posts ago

Like I’m not even sure what the disagreement is now if you agree with that statement, and why you needed to tell him to gtfo

1 Like

3 Likes

But that’s a bad comparison. Brady did have a strong arm. Maddox didn’t have a strong arm.

Was Brady the hardest thrower of all time. No

Does he have a cannon for an arm. Yes

Maddox doesn’t have a cannon and is a completely different type of pitcher

That one Super Bowl where he and Edelman won the game single handedly. He was throwing darts all over the field. It was crazy.

k, you guys convinced me, Brady had as strong of an arm as Rodgers/Mahomes/Allen, a true laser rocket cannon and was always widely regarded for having the best arm talent in the league. Apologies on behalf of the losers and haters.

1 Like

This Brady arm discussion is so bad it’s almost making me hope that Aaron Rodgers has a miraculous recovery and is able to play on Sunday so we have something else to talk about.

2 Likes