The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

FTP

Lol, wat?

2 Likes

Rodgers called Kelce Mr Pfizer on his mcafee show today.

the Jets are effectively owned by Johnson and Johnson

I know it doesnā€™t matter and itā€™s all because rodgers just enjoys being an asshole.

The J stands for jagoff.

GTFO - that is not an example of great arm strength. He could throw it that far because he was basically able to hop into the throw exactly how he wanted, and it was still a little short resulting in the incompletion. Brady had an adequate arm, but great arm strengthā€¦ no

Great arm strength is guys like Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, Josh Allen, JaMarcus Russell who can make that 67 yard throw even without opportunity to step into it and can fit passes between two zone defenders that other QBs wouldnā€™t be able to try

Thereā€™s another tier of guys like Stafford, John Elway, Big Ben, and Jeff George who had way better arm talent than guys like Brady, Marino, Montana or Goff. Itā€™s primarily evident in how they can throw 30 - 40 yard passes on the move without putting much air under them.

Thereā€™s probably another tier or two below Bradyā€™s level that could still be an effective QB if everything else is perfect.

2 Likes

In 2007, there were very few QBs in the NFL that could throw a ball 67 yards in game.

Thereā€™s also this - do you know what the combine record for Velocity is? 62mph by Josh Allen. Mahomes topped out at that in a predraft workout.

Brady threw 61mph at age 42.

Heā€™s always had a really strong arm, guys. I know the offense didnā€™t let him show it off early on - thatā€™s what happens when a teamā€™s best deep threat is Bethel Johnson.

Jeff George was Josh Allen tier alone by themselves with arm strength Jarmarcus too

Richardson has a very good arm himself.

coming out there were a bunch of scouts saying his arm wasnā€™t good enough and 15 OL in the combine were better athletes than he was.

Kyle Boller throwing 50 yards from his knees during the combine was quite helpful to his draft stock IIRC.

forgot about that guy, not an outlier guy like allen or george or even jarmarcus but a guy who got nabbed in the first round on that alone.

Heā€™s a terrible runner and jumper, we donā€™t disagree on that.

But if Scouts said his arm wasnā€™t strong, theyā€™re dumb and bad.

The heā€™s a bad athlete thing is really silly, and a joke he plays into. Dude is the GOAT NFL player and was drafted in the 18th round in MLB. Heā€™s a ridiculous athlete. Slow as hell, no one disputes it, but thereā€™s more to athleticism than running.

Edited because I quoted badly.

Do I have to post that combine picture regarding him being an athlete coming out of college? come on man

The scouts were right on his attributes when he was coming outā€“they were wrong about not seeing the other stuff he could do. He worked on his arm a lot and improved it, that is not common.

He was flabby and slow. I donā€™t dispute that. But, like, you realize thereā€™s more to athleticism than that, right? How many bad athletes are drafted in two sports and the GOAT in one of them?

1 Like

I always love the Shaq Thompson - Panther LB stat:

Great running and jumping athlete. The Red Sox drafted him in baseball and he went 0 for 39 with 37 strikeouts.

Brady has a good arm for an NFL QB and a great arm for anyone else, he just doesnā€™t have the natural arm talent of the best NFL QBs. Sorry if that hurts your feelings but itā€™s true. Iā€™m not saying heā€™s another Chad Pennington or something. He can make all the throws with velocity because he has incredible mechanics and footwork, but heā€™s not going to sidearm a ball 30 yards down the field running full sprint like Mahomes or Favre and heā€™s not able to throw a 50 yard rope back across his body like Rodgers. Thereā€™s another level of greatness that some guys have with that specific physical ability. It doesnā€™t diminish his achievements at all to say it either.

The facts never hurt my feelings. He threw 61mph at age 42. You can say itā€™s his feet or his mechanics - like duh man. Thatā€™s all part of throwing.

The Tom Brady has a weak arm myth was destroyed long ago, just like the idea he gets more calls than other QBs. Get with the times, guys.

40 yard throw that gets like 3 feet off the ground. McCorkle could never (sadly).

I havenā€™t watched Brady closely enough over his career to comment on his physical abilities and mechanics. However, you seem to be suggesting that itā€™s unlikely that thereā€™s archival game footage out there showing Brady making these types of throws?

It sounds like bbb is implying that if one was going to create an NFL QB in a laboratory, the creature would not be modeled on Bradyā€™s frame and constellation of physical abilities.

I havenā€™t watch all his games but Iā€™ve seen many and Iā€™ve never seen him attempt these type of throws. Iā€™m sure if the tape is out there some fanboy will find it and fill this thread with video clips.

1 Like