The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

These people don’t watch the games.

being attractive and having a rich dad to bankroll you and give you a head start also helps. not dissimilar to the gates and bezos’ who all had rich parents as well, it takes a combination of privilege, luck and talent to reach that kind of status.

I didn’t know about the rich dad thing. Now I’m curious about Adele.

I don’t know the exact details but he had a big part in her getting signed to her first record label. There’s millions of really talented singers who just post clips on their YouTube but never sniff a record label, it’s a super tough industry to break into.

I agree with that. I think one thing that Taylor and Adele have going for them is that they write their own stuff (and it’s very good for what it is). I suspect that probably really helps in the early stages of trying to break in.

These are the tiers as of today:

S: Dolphins
A+: 49ers
A: Chiefs, Eagles
B+: Bills, Ravens, Cowboys
B: Bengals, Chargers, Jaguars
C: Saints, Lions, Steelers, Browns, Colts
D: Vikings, Seahawks, Texans, Rams, Patriots, Falcons, Bucs, Packers, Titans
F: Cardinals. Giants, Jets, Broncos, Raiders, Football Team, Panthers
F-: Bears

Last three groups hard to pin down exactly since it’s just high variance levels of fraud. Like maybe Football Team is Group D and Vikings are F, hard to be sure at this point. After watching Texans play, I think they’re better than most people realize and probably a Top of Group D team with an outside shot at moving into C.

3 Likes

I like it except I’d put 49ers at least equal to Dolphins. If they played on a neutral field, I’d favor the 49ers to take it.

You are not playing along with this Dolphins meme where they beat everyone by historical margins.

nope

I have had early season hope before (not with a 70 pt performance in there, but still). It never pans out.

Seahawks and Cardinals erasure.

1 Like

East coast bias clearly.

LM Doesnt care about NFC West teams

1 Like

To all y’all saying T Swift doesn’t write music for me herp derp

Go listen to folklore. It’s timeless it’s perfect. It doesn’t matter what genre of music you like. It’s just that good.

Wives goading their husbands by telling them Taylor Swift is going to put Kelce on the map is apparently a thing now.

1 Like

Where are the Cardinals?

EDIT: Pony is slow

Didn’t watch any of these yet, but she is orders of magnitude more famous than he is, so seems kind of true

2 Likes

Absolutely this. The girls in the videos are right. Though some of it is just exaggerating to mess with their loved ones.

Nobody outside of American football fans knew who Kelce was. She’s definitely gonna make him more famous and introduce him to a wider audience.

Then, he’ll be the subject of one of her songs when they break up.

I don’t know Kelce jersey sales up 400%, the Kelce brother podcast is number 1 on apple and the female viewership of a really bad game was through the roof.

Nobody outside of Kansas City and Chicago were watching that game but the swifties made it most watched game of the week.

Added and reworked slightly after watching a few more game replays. Jaguars might have regressed and any of the teams in C/D could easily swap tiers with more info.

I think Browns should maybe in the B tier.

That defense + Watson seems solidly 9wins.

No objections I think that case can be made. My reservation is that the offense has looked awful, but I’m mostly basing that on the Steelers game which is a real defense that smoked them. Bungles game was a hurricane so tough to draw conclusions, and Texans appear to be legitimately awful.

If I had to pick one surprise team from the bottom it would be Texans. Stroud’s tape looks good for a W3 rookie with questionable protection. The draft slander about him not being able to process was fake news. I was falsely under the impression that their roster was a total dumpster fire, but they have real weapons in Collins and Tank Dell (and maybe Metchie if he develops). However, they’re playing backups at 4/5 offensive line spots right now:

As far as the starters go, Pro Bowl left tackle Laremy Tunsil was at every practice last week, but limited.

Heading into training camp, Kenyon Green was the presumed starter at left guard. He’s now on injured reserve for the entire year, and will not return in 2023.

Scott Quessenberry and rookie Juice Scruggs were going to battle for the starting center spot. Quessenberry was lost for the season in camp because of a leg injury. Scruggs is on injured reserve now, but could possibly return as soon as the Falcons game, which is in Week 5 and a week from Sunday.

The same can be said for right tackle Tytus Howard. He too, is on injured reserve but eligible to return as soon as Week 5 like Scruggs.

That is probably not going to work out well for them against the Steelers. The defense also still has talent holes on paper, but I could see them being a shootout style team by year’s end. On the other hand, Carolina looks hopeless.