The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Man, a black guy at a hockey game? That is a rarity!

1 Like
2 Likes

nice chart, you want to be where the bills are, not having to blitz but still getting a ton of sacks,
the giants blitz a lot but aren’t hitting the QB

and then you have the bears which are not sacking the QB but also not blitzing so they’re just waiting to get picked apart

Giants number is a bit skewed. Didnt they Blitz like 80% against the Niners or something absurd?

I just discovered that he did a bunch of bits with the NHL as his SNL character. My favorite, though, is the League of Legends SNL sketch.

2 Likes

It’s great because it’s inoffensive, risk-averse music that perfectly blends into the background of whatever you’re doing.

Reality is that most people don’t actually listen to music. They just need something to play in the background while they shitpost on forums and social media or whatever the hell else they do online. The more the music stands out, the less useful it is for that.

I actually tried to listen to some of her hits and the one thing I like is the goat and that wasn’t even in the damn song originally!

well I clearly disagree on something is wayyyyyy too trashy for me but that looks about right otherwise

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1706790612773609935?t=XVKeFJGIxqmle3UdC2TRmQ&s=19

Just listen to Folklore. It’s so good

this is just sad dude doesn’t get reality–his best ability was running and vick was done at his age. (well vick had 3 starts for the steelers that year but hung them up after)

wait, Mark Davis as a character reference? maybe shouldn’t have put him down

Is that real? Seems like a fine letter tbh

Who released the letter I wonder. If kapernick self serving and cheesy, if the jets just wrong.

From what I’ve read, Kaep’s side put it out… Apparently via J. Cole, which seems kinda random, but Cole said in his IG post that he sorta talked Colin into making the letter public.

J. Cole as in the rapper?

Or is that a short name for Kap’s agent or something?

Yep, the rapper.

i mean her music is not really geared towards me or you, it’s relatable music for girls to listen to after they break up with their boyfriends. you don’t understand TSwift mania for the same reason they don’t understand why we enjoy watching grown men in pads bang helmets for 9 hours every sunday. I think it’s impressive that she writes all of her own songs and she does seem to be very talented in that regard. I also find all the coverage to be pretty harmless, i think it’s pretty amusing that two entities with 100M+ fans that have almost no overlap with each other have come together, if it ends up being a long term thing and not just a fling she could have conservatively just doubled the entire KC Chiefs fandom in one day.

1 Like

Can we change the thread title?

This seems like a not uncommon formula, but you’re right that she just does it well. Adele is another one, same subject matter, writes her own songs, top notch voice. Predictably she is also yuuuge. So the lesson, I think is that if you can do it well, then you’re gonna be successful. The hard part is the doing it well.

J Cole getting Kap a job would be more impressive than going platinum with no features.

2 Likes