The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

wish there was a way to buy NO on eberflus fired first coach shares, the bears don’t do that.

Should sure, but don’t.

also nathan peterman is back

Who is bagent

The NCAA record holder for most career touchdown passes.

This shouldnt change much but booooooooo

Respek.

I’m a big fan too, but I’ve been beaten down by decades of mediocrity. I’m not capable of being super high on Miami.

god damn worse than the lions

4 Likes

LOL AFC West.

My exact thought. Not the worst didn’t think that was possible. Haha, Bears.

the bears had 100k worth of equipment stolen wed night

how is there more news, how

If someone had a fictional TV show about a NFL team they wouldn’t have this much in it in one season and it’s just week 3

the bears took Trubisky over Mahomes because they thought he was a safer choice and they had the defense and didn’t need the high upside. They claim Mahomes was in their top 3 (probably a lie). Fox liked Watson the most (so did I but had mahomes there too–I didn’t know of that at the time obv). GM Pace was allin on trubes.

so the next GM was a guy who was in KC’s room, and proceeded to pass on Jalen Carter spend 170 million mostly on guys who aren’t any good, spent a 3rd on a guy nobody thought he should take who can’t do anything and bungled the draft himself.

god damn you are all f’ing morons

Chiefs have not beaten the Bears in arrowhead since 2003

(it’s just one game obviously) Chiefs blew a 17-3 halftime lead at the end to jay cutler leading bears WR was marquess wilson lmao

The myth of NFL parity. Only 1/3 of franchises are actually competing for the Superbowl.

1 Like

The only team that hasn’t gone to an SB in that time in the NFCS is the top team. Many other teams under .500 have made a championship game in that time.

The sport has a lot of variance which is what makes it great. If baseball was a 16 game season it would have variance up the wazoo as well.

1 Like

eh, football has less variance top tier QB’s made playoffs basically every time

If you suck you can get a top tier player on an affordable deal if you don’t blow the draft pick up and immediately change your team. as much as we lol at people blowing football draft picks and it’s not an exact science–it’s still easier than baseball who have leagues to go through before you get to the big leagues, college football already is a filter on it’s own.

My first nfl game was chiefs at bears at soldier field. It ended up with the bears coming from behind to win 28-27 that day. Was in 78 or 77 I think. I did look it up to verify my memory once but I don’t remember the year. Of course back then we might see some 9-7 bears having a shot at a division.

1977 17-7 heading to the 4th then it all broke loose

walter payton’s MVP year with 192 yards in that game

that team finished 9-5 lost the division tiebreaker got the wild card, got absolutely stomped by the cowboys in the playoffs who rang’d
lost a game they were favored by a point 47-0. oh vegas lines in the old days

3 Likes

I got Godgers in like the 14th round, which on paper was a grate pic

Meh, a lot of that has to do with idiot owners who hire idiot GMs who hire idiot coaches year in and year out, though. The money and TV markets are so similar that it isn’t impossible with the right set of players and circumstances for any team to get good over a few years.

I mean hell, the historically-awful, poorly-run, WOAT team to play for and hardest team to get paid by per many players & agents Bengals are now contenders. Before Burrow came along they were shit. And Green Bay’s local market is like, well, Green Bay, Wisconsin and look at them. Meanwhile you have a dream market like Miami and they’ve been shit since Marino retired. And the Jets are in NYC and well we know how snakebit they have been.

Owners who don’t know wtf they’re doing but have a lot of money (so they’re sure they are smart ldo) are the issue time and time again imo.

1 Like

Pretty good first game to attend. Thanks for looking it up. Sweetness is still my favorite all time player.

Just torn MCL and stretched ACL but not torn for chubb from the early tests

2 Likes