The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

As a lions fan. Thank god he blows.

RIP “At least we have our QB now” (2022-2023) :sob:

Bears going 1-16 and drafting Caleb and MH jr. And going to ruin both at the same time

RIP Caleb’s career.

Late slate this week sucks

Seattle vs Carolina
Arizona vs Dallas
Kansas vs Chicago

And still I won’t get to see KC vs. Chicago (in LA). That’s tough to pull off.

It’s year 4 for me of not having the GOAT QB and it’s borderline unwatchable. I legitimately don’t know how lifelong Bears and Browns fans have done it. Those fuckers sure love football.

And Elderly Cam Newton and Mac Jones are probably in the upper third of what Chicago and Cleveland have put on the field.

There are literally generations of us for whom futility is all we have ever known.

2 Likes

That’s the one thing with the cowboys. Even if Romo and Dak never get it done, they play at a level that inspires hope and confidence. When they rolled out Quincy Carter I knew, at least honestly knew, they had no shot.

Bears are my birth team and always have a place in my heart. Bob Avellini was my first qb. But the bears haven’t had a qb as good as Dak or Romo ever, so I feel bad for those franchises who just can’t get that piece. Heck Brian Sipe is probably better than any qb the bears have had.

2 Likes

6 Likes

lol, only 8 lost with 31 fumbles is a lot of good luck too it should be worse somehow

also the GOAT coach who’s on the hot seat I guess? the horror of winning 2 more games every year than any other coach would with the same roster. Every single bears coach in my lifetime has been wtf are we doing.

Fields threw the coaches under the bus this week lmao. He basically just said in a press conference **** it I’m doing what I want now. Don’t blame him.

I think Belichick’s a very good coach, but we have 10+ seasons of data for Belichick without Brady, and he’s got a worse winning percentage than Jerry Glanville, Joe Philbin and Lovie Smith.

Obviously shouldn’t be on the hot seat. Let him break that smug Shula’s record.

Though - one person mentioned to me, “What would Belichick be worth in a trade?”

Didn’t look it up, but I wanna say that QB fumL %s are way better than the league average just because so many of the fumbles are just like dribbled snaps that they pick up right away. But recovering 23/31 seems like rungood on top of that, yeah.

3 Likes

Meant to add - Belichick’s got plenty of those, man.

• Won the coinflip in OT, kicked off. Lost.
  • Benched starting CB Malcolm Butler in Super Bowl. Still don’t know why. Lost.
  • Benched Welker for the start of a playoff game for making fun of Rex Ryan’s foot fetish. Lost.
  • Putting Rob Gronkowski in on defense. Miami was on their own 31. No Hail Mary was possible. Lost.
  • Played Wes Welker in a meaningless Week 17 game, blew out his knee. Lost Round 1 in the playoffs. He wasn’t any good next year either.
  • The AFC Championship in Denver was a disaster of coaching.
  • WENT FOR IT ON 4TH AND 13 FROM THE GIANTS 31 in the 2007 Super Bowl. Inexplicable. Gostkowski had a strong leg, and it was in a dome. Patriots of course went on to lose by 3. 4th and 13!!! The Patriots were leading at the time! It was the third quarter!

well obviously the man’s got rules and dgaf what the next game is yeah the butler benching though, that might’ve been the time to find another way to punish him

the bears last week, lined up to run the exact same screen play three times in a row and got pick six’d for it down 3 points late in the game. It’s not the same man, it’s not the same. BBusually puts players in positions to succeed on the field/utilize their best attributes. Bears don’t do that.

He also had no idea what to do with a QB that was extremely limited in throwing:

Totally agree he’s a better coach than what Chicago puts out there. He’s also well under .500 without the GOAT QB.

lol looked like cam was 50 years old running that

1 Like

Bad time to be a Bears fan, looks like it’s all going to hell.

1 Like