The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

It’s an IU student, I’ll allow it

there were 3 elite afc teams last year and all lost in week 1 to the 3 most inept franchises (historically anyway)

I assume KC figures it out but if not it might be open, Bills seem to have fallen back a little at least.

Worst judge ruling of all time

Dear NFL: Please don’t use this as a reason to make it even harder for defenders to legally tackle the QB.

wonder how much steam this is going to pick up

https://x.com/DavidBakhtiari/status/1701402938642415783?s=20

I know the Lions changed their turf a year early to a different type of artificial turf that’s supposed to lead to less injuries, which was already a different type of turf from that brutal shit they used to play on in the 90s. Given all the money the NFL has and some of the issues they’ve had with poor grass conditions in recent years, you’d think they could fund some research into ideal turf technology.

1 Like

Good news is Zach Wilson can ease himself in to the starter’s role versus the cowboys defense next week.

They changed the plastic at MetLife in March and at least some of the players were happy with it

Are they still using the tiny bits of shredded tires in artificial turf? That stuff is disgusting.

Yeah, you could see it all over the players in the cowboys giants game in the rain.

1 Like

I want to see the Jets trade for Jameis.

The thing I hate the most with Wheel of Fortune is those puzzles that are just four words that have some theme/word in common. When they solve it, Pat always says, “Now don’t add any extra words, just say what’s on the puzzle.”

So the theme was ICE and one of the words was CREAM, the person would lose if they accidentally said ICE CREAM. Fuck off.

Rodgers had calf issues in camp. Feels like one of those things that was just waiting to snap.

vaxxed?

2 Likes

Guys don’t worry - that wasn’t the real Rodgers! That’s an actor and the real guy is fine.

DYOR!

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/davehill77/status/1701610014631452775

13 Likes

yeah from my understanding Achilles tears are like ticking time bombs, if it didn’t happen this week it would have happened the next week or the week after. KD’s achilles was the same way, he got injured a couple months prior, sat out for a few months and then got the all clear from the doctors to play and then it snapped.

Probably a dumb take, but man it annoys me how sports broadcasters deal with injuries. Like, you are some kind of IMMORAL bad person if you have the audacity to speculate on the severity of an injury. I have to ignore that I’ve seen dozens upon dozens of dudes pop their Achilles and like, duh. You are just some scummy “Internet doctor” WILLING INTO EXISTENCE worse outcomes by having the nerve to say out loud what you saw with your own two eyes.

“We don’t want to speculate on the severity of the injury, and can only report that Rodgers suffered an apparent lower body injury and is questionable to return.”

Bro, all people want is speculation. You conference in motherfucking DEAN BLANDINO to speculate on whether that tackle false starting for the 25th time is actually a 5 yard penalty, but we can’t get a doctor to say “yep, look at that shit snap like a rubber band, the career of the most hyped off-season acquisition is literally over” because that would be dangerous and evil.

1 Like

I feel like just by watching football, we’re already well over that moral line.

8 Likes

Also my understanding for many of them–there was a guy who snapped his in normal drills practicing on his own streaming it live a few years ago.