The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

eh, we as humans need stuff like this as a society or we get worse, at least we’re not feeding them to the lions

well… real lions

It looked like a torn achillies to me as well but it’s really unprofessional to state something like that on air without confirmation and definitely ridiculous to do what Schefter did which was report on what internet doctors were saying, gtfo.

Meh, I guess I just think it’s silly when you see a dude’s leg snap in half you have to pretend like you didn’t see it and say “well, we definitely don’t want to speculate, we’ll have to wait and see what the doctors say, he is officially questionable to return” instead of “holy shit it looks like that guy’s bone is poking out that thing is snapped”.

I also don’t see the harm in saying on the broadcast that there is speculation that it might be his achilles, as not everyone is terminally online like we are and it’s a thing that everyone watching really really cares about.

Whether or not his foot works anymore isn’t the same thing to me as like, calling an election early that you really need the decision desk to nail, but I guess I’m in the minority on this one.

Who are these internet doctors? I was reading opinions online from people who have worked for actual NFL teams, using video and stills to make their points.

False. The good internet docs move markets; their speculation is worth a lot to the audience.

I’ve had a wonky Achilles for 3 years now. Play tennis 3-4 times a week.

Worst is that if feels like the “elasticity” is limited- at some point it doesn’t go. So I either stop playing or just go for big shots. A day or two of rest and I’m good to go. I do a tons of stretches, percussion gun in the interim. Have had loads of PT.

It’s actually been getting better since winter. Less general stiffness in the morning.

Havent been in yet to say get fucked Rodgers yet, so, BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2 Likes

Screenshot 2023-09-12 212207
Screenshot 2023-09-12 212234
Screenshot 2023-09-12 212338

feed the conspiracy jokes into my veins

6 Likes

Well good thing it’s a tendon and not a ligament.

If that guy who predicted it says the end is nigh, I’ll be hiding under the covers.

Two year healing time. He will be 41 and probably dealing with the legal consequences of his 1/6/25 actions.

8 Likes

Seeing unvaxxed players collapse on the field without much contact really makes you think.

12 Likes

I’m thinking that the CDC is putting the vax in Gatorade.

Looking at Sunday’s schedule, KC vs Jacksonville should not be an early game.

The kaepernick ban continues to amaze. The jets are desperate for a qb.

Lol Jets forever and ever. 31 other teams know that Zach Wilson is a useless hump, Jets are looking for someone to back him up :rofl:

I am shocked they came into the season with him as their #2 behind a 40 year old Rodgers. Just smacks of gross negligence.

I’m certainly in the Kaep got jobbed camp but at this point he is 35 and is 7 years removed from playing football (where he wasn’t that good towards the end). It’s hardly unreasonable to not pursue him now. 5-7 years ago is a different story though.

5 Likes

Yeah I didn’t realize he last played in 2016. Some say he never got a job because he insisted on being a starter, but giving how many bad qbs have played it seems improbable that has kept him out.

zach’s uncuttable and well if the starter goes down, you’re screwed anyway basically. Nathan Peterman is a backup right now for a running quarterback.

I’d snap take Zach over Kaep right now, 2016 is FOREVER ago he’s just done now, running was one of his best traits and he’s 35.

lmao the only reason his name got brought up his because his agent called the Jets, so did every other agent of every free agent QB gtfo with the narrative bs, yes he should’ve bounced around as a backup for a few years at least but he’d probably be done now.