The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

I have 1 world series as a 4 or 5 year old and that’s it. No other title game or world series appearances even.

Tigers in 84 (I was there!)
Wings 3 times
Pistons a few times
Lol lions
Michigan 97

Since I lived here

3 super bowls
1 Stanley cup
1 nba title
2 World Series appearances

Everyone has been in their championship game more recently than the cowboys.

One of these is not like the others.

Bengals and UK football have been fighting most of my life who was more dreadful, but the last few years of both have been the best in my life. UK basketball titled 3 times though.

Yeah, I got into hockey when the Sharks first came to San Jose, and I didnt want to be the same as all my other friends rooting for the Sharks. That year happened to be Brodeur’s rookie year and he was awesome, and since I was big into goalie play, it was kind of a no brainer.

2 Grey Cups, MLS Title, 2 Vanier Cups, countless Yates Cups, and an NBA title in just the last 7 years.

Being an Ohio State grad has been a bit of a mixed bag - two national championships, but losing out of 20 others because of the refs.

1 Like

Kansas City got no help from their offensive weapons with kelce out.

The refs letting the tackle do whatever he wanted made up for it.

I went to bed at halftime. Did NBC ever even acknowledge it?

Ran multiple highlight packages pointing it out

1 Like

Actually yes. They had their rules analyst on in the 4th quarter, and he was overtly critical about all of the non-calls on the RT for illegal formations.

1 Like

Tirico said the win had an asterisk on it for Detroit because Kelce and Jones were out. Okay bozo.

1 Like

I think the Chiefs concern I am hearing today is overblown. At least 1-2 of their receivers will step up and if not they should be able to trade for a piece at some point probably down the road. The fact they almost beat a top 4 NFC team without 2 of their 3 best players and Kadarious Toney accounting for literally like -10 points himself seems fine for them tbh. Mahomes was good even with total garbage around him. I thought the defense was pretty decent overall.

On the flip side the Lions are for real imo and I bet a decent chunk on them over Cowboys this season vs. a friend.

2 Likes

10 Likes

This is the right take imo. Not terribly worried about KC. They lost a close game against what appears to be a very good team in spite of all those things going against them. KC will be fine and Detroit looks to have a good year. As an Eagles fan I hate all of that.

Counter point

They lost to the lions and the lions weren’t great for large portions of this game.

Yeah to be honest neither team looked particularly great last night. The chiefs mistakes were obvious and not typical of even the worst NFL teams (wide open receiver drops). Toney catches 2 of his 3 big drops and it’s probably a KC win.

Counterpoint though is Lions did get some pretty legit defensive stops last despite the drops. They aren’t a bottom tier defense anymore, and might even be closer to the top. One of their better corners (Emmanuelle Moselely) is still not back from his ACL tear although he likely plays in week 2 or 3. And Jameson Williams is serving his BS suspension. So Mike Tirico can fuck off with his asterisk of Kelce/Jones being out.

Winning on the road often looks ugly, so I’m not worried about the Lions. Chiefs will be better with Kelce back and not having wide open drops. This could’ve been a super bowl preview game.

2 Likes

Chefs at Jagwires next week, 0-2 is a definite and interesting possibility for our Super Bowl champs.