The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Moore and Rice a both second rounders. It’s not unreasonable to expect they contribute immediately. Hard to say with certainty that this WR corps is worse than what they started with last year when they had Hardman and JuJu but not Toney or Rice.

22 doesn’t seem to be working for me at the moment, so I’ll just PM it to you here. Thanks for running it.

So my cousin dropped out of a fantasy league and his brother asked me to take it. In a serendipitous twist of fate I grabbed Minnesota’s QB.

One guess what my first name and now team name is

4 Likes

Lol that’s great

Football is almost here. I am starting to get the shakes.

Sir, I’m a Lions fan and the hype is off the fucking rails at the moment.

2 Likes

I went through rock bottom detox two weeks ago when I thought the Chiefs game was only a few days away. I keep forgetting they added a stupid empty week after the last preseason game. I was not mentally budgeted for the extra week.

Well looks like we won’t have Jones or Kelce. So it could get interesting.

lol me too. Last Wednesday I thought we were a day away from football. I had my weekend all planned until I realized there was an empty week there.

August is the cruellest month.

August just fucking sucks. I get depressed every year at the exact same time.

1 Like

I’m just dreading 2038, when Jordan Love goes to the Jets.

3 Likes

Have you see the Uncle Lenny but they’ve been doing on Good Morning Football?

Basically the Lions were Uncle Lenny who lost his license and shows up for Thanksgiving as a complete mess. But he’s finally cleaned up his act, and now everyone is just hoping he doesn’t embarrass himself.

I want to believe so bad. But I’ve touched the hot stove too many times.

I’ve always said that you can recognize the Detroit sports fan by the PTSD.

1 Like

I’ve had a World Series win (Alive but don’t remember ‘68 so won’t count that). Also 3 NBAs and 4 Stanleys.

Also got to watch/root for the single most electric athlete of all time.

IMG_0069

Note that on this play, Barry makes his move behind the line of scrimmage and more than 25 yards from the end zone- at which time Peete throws his arms up.

But yeah if the Lions were to win the SB I’d just go outside and wait for the imminent giant space rock.

I’m an Eagles fan and for some dumb reason I was rooting against Goff so hard when he was in LA. Now I’m really hoping he gets the glory (provided it’s not my team of course). Lions are #1 in our collective hearts right now.

The Chiefs “believe” that his ACL is “intact?” That doesn’t sound like the greatest statement. The tests they’re talking about are almost certainly drawer, Lachman, and pivot. Need an MRI to see if there’s a partial tear which would be bad but also compatible with “intact.”

I’d think NFL teams get their MRIs pretty damn quick. Those tests arent great.