The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Lovie only made the playoffs 3 times, 05, 06, 10 05 they stuck to their guns and let the rookie cover steve smith because that’s how they roll and got rolled.

This is what I’m getting at, even strong defense just isn’t sustainable. It’s usually only one season maybe two then things go to shit.

Dungy Bucs also usually lost right away. Just the SB and a conf title game they got screwed in by the show on turf. but yeah that’s a good point, I’m just pointing out how rare it is, it’s that and the flacco ravens as all I can actually think of.

Wow I must have remembered the Urlacher / Briggs / Hester teams as being better than they really were.

they missed playoffs at 10-6 once but yeah they went 7-9 to 9-7 a bunch

5 Likes

Christ

She obviously wants him to cosplay as Boomer.

Then the next week, Holmgren had Smith double-quadruple covered every play and they still kept throwing to him (it did not go well).

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-chicago-bears-roy-mbaeteka-nigeria-20230828-hdkp5f4h6nfbzej4rrjcnpwdmq-story.html

2 and ah alf years ago dude’s just trying to hitch a ride to a football camp in nigeria and now trying to make a team.

raw but athletic freak is an understatement, he’s played 4 football games, most of them just being a snap on the FG unit. but the NFL has a practice squad exemption spot for international players which is what he’s going for since he’s not making the 53.

Fields’ percentage is even higher than David Carr in 2002

sack percentage

jfc

so how did alex leatherwood get the outland trophy, bears are super banged up at OL and cut him anyway,

first round reach at 17 overall in 2021 by lol gruden/mayock cut in a year, bears cut him in a year

that said its’ a wrong scheme, this coach wants mobile OL and alex is more of a power OL. As usual with first rounders someone will give him a 3rd chance.

Seems like motivation or some similar issues if both teams cut him that fast.

he has bad feet, not great hands, but again bears OL want mobility more than power and he’s the other way around.

and he’s the #2 quarterback

the D2 guy made it

11 players remain on the roster that were with the organization when GM Ryan Poles was hired

standard but jarring to see every time

also with the D2 guy there’s a fun anecdote, he went to a camp hosted by a bears preseason QB legend who they should’ve kept but didn’t in 2002. He never got a shot and the next few years were a stretch of just awful qb play even by bears standards–a what if.

alright look I know one year fredex was the WR1 on the reid eagles

Valdes Scantling and Skyy Moore are your starting WR’s KC? well Kadarius Toney I guess

that’s um, interesting

Yeah it’s gonna be interesting. Toney is hurt and it seems doubtful he’ll play the first few games. Also doubtful you can rely on him to stay healthy for more than a few games.

Not like it really matters. Kelce will get a million targets and they’ll spread the ball all over between their 6 WRs or whatever and Mahomes will put up a million yards and TDs

Mahomes lost Hill and got better. They will be fine

Little preview of Amazon’s new prime vision for Thursday night football.

“what play the team should run” is funny

Welp, boys, we made it. This is the FINAL Sunday that has passed without NFL football from now until February!

Old friend KrazyKris has retired from running the NFL PEEHS contest on the old site, and I’ve picked up running it.

Everybody should make an entry and follow along, it’s always a ton of fun!

4 Likes