The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

As far as anyone can tell, no. There is a Chiefaholic on the site who is constantly reminding everyone he’s not Chiefsaholic. Or maybe the other way around.

Didn’t Taco Dad start the bidding at no money then revise it to $14,000? Seems like the price just keeps going up as more people talk and more facts come out. I’m skeptical that the monkey points are big dollars but I wouldn’t take their word for it. Seems like there are some weird contract issues here too. That document where he apparently signs away his likeness and life story in perpetuity with no compensation is wild. Who was advising him on that one?

1 Like

I believe this. This is more in line what I expected and getting net instead of gross is a massive difference. Only the biggest people get gross deals on Hollywood films.

I am starting to not care. I have enough issues with my family.

Also living next to Fred smith lol, they must have been filthy rich before the movie.

1 Like

I got to really stop watching football.

1 Like

patriots packers ended when a patriots player got carted off they were up at the time 21-17 in the fourth with the packers having the ball at the patriots 18

yes, I had a brief thought faking it to ensure the victory because it’s BB too

This looks like a scene from a sketch comedy show.

1 Like

so there’s a little buzz around the division 2 quarterback the bears have possibly being the backup to fields tyson badget

mainly because pj walker has been pretty bad practice and preseason and nathan peterman is the other one who I don’t know why he’s still here either.

tevin jenkins is injured again, he’s very good at getting injured with each of the four different OL positions he’s been put at so far. This is year 3 on this team. Everything but the center he’s been the “starter” penciled in at–ridiculous.

Isaiah Simmons traded for a 7th round pick to the Giants

I said somewhere I have no idea where he’d play when he got drafted and would’ve passed on him. Turned out nobody else does either. He just isn’t good at anything and wasn’t in his college film either. Projects are fine if you want to go that way just not in the top 10 of a NFL draft.

apparently he doesn’t want to play linebacker, he had a lot of tackles there but just isn’t reliable enough. Safety in camp wasn’t going well.

I THOUGHT CHIEFS WERE COMING IN A WEEK WTF I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW

Trey Lance to the Cowboys for a 4th round pick

1 Like

Grunching, but that SRM op in old place is one of the meanest posts I’ve seen, so far.

1 Like

alright the 49ers wouldn’t have dealt for hill or chubb or waddle so come on that’s not fair… (waddle was actually also traded for as they went back up)…

that pick was… micah parsons LOL, the others were involved in several trades so it’s convoluted but cole strange and bryan bresee were the other firsts.

btw, Lance is younger than Levis

“we took accountability for it” nope you still have a job, also did he actually get a chance, it’s a shanahan. Only middling white guys allowed

weird arc, was fantastic in 2019 (people wanna complain about competition but the valley isn’t that bad despite being lower division), covid hit, then kept getting injured

also I’m wondering about the 49ers, it’s a weak division with LOL cardinals and whatever the rams/seahawks are but uh, hard to stay good when you blew a bunch of first rounders and you’re starting a mr. irrelevant who’s alright but like the not good qb teams who have a strong record usually don’t get a 2nd chance before that window shuts on them much less a 3rd one.

Purdy will be on a rookie contract for a few more seasons and that gives the 49ers a lot of options to put a team together around him.

They have stars like Trent Williams and Fred Warner, pretty good offensive skill guys, some young talent like Hufanga

I think 49ers are in decent shape if Purdy and be a mid range starting QB.

thing is, I can’t think of another team without a better than average QB who kept it going this long as it is, almost always was a one year thing the 9ers are at two already.

check that the only one I guess is the 08-14 flacco’d Ravens, but they still missed the playoffs after winning that super bowl

Eli Manning Giants. Had a number of bad years, but were generally in playoff contention and won two SBs.

those were flukes and the only sustained stretch was 05-08 wild card losses otherwise, the other rang was alone, he only made the playoffs 6 times.

SB or lost first game they played

That really depends on where you would rank guys like Russell Wilson and early career Big Ben. QBs on those teams tend to get overrated because QB wins is a big deal.

The problem is always the same, those teams win and then give a market value contract to the average QB and they can’t keep the roster together the way they could when the QB was on his rookie deal.

You had the Lovie Smith Bears and Tony Dungy Bucs as team with really shit at QB who could keep a consistent playoff contender together for a while and make one SB run out of it.

Lance will be competing with Wil Grier for the 3rd qb spot. Grier has been awful so lance is almost a lock behind Dak and Rush.

Yeah no one keeps 4 QBs on their 53 man roster and the Cowboys didn’t give a 4th round pick for a guy they’re going to cut before the regular season. As training camps and preseason are basically over I doubt there’s any sort of real competition

Agreed. Grier should have his bag packed.