The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

I don’t think he looks like Brett Favre at all.

Sproles was 5’6 and didn’t look out of place at all.

He looks way shorter than 5’5 wtf

An improvement over yesterday

:football: Immaculate Grid 10 7/9:
Rarity: 383
:green_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square:
Play at:

@immaculategrid x @pfref

1 Like

I think it’s clear that RBs are not about to get paid, but think top tier RBs on rookie deals (or franchised) should start refusing to carry super heavy workloads. Take the NBA approach and demand that you have a reasonable load - say no more than 20 touches a game or 300 all season. Maybe agree to exceptions for last few weeks/playoffs. I’m sure teams would push back, but not a ton they could do other than suspend you, but so long as you get enough games to get credit for the season, who cares.

They have no leverage. Teams can just go get another dude to carry the ball.

That isn’t true though. Taylor is clearly better than his backup and worth $10+ million. The issue is by the time he hits FA he’s so beat up he’s only got a few more good years, so his goal should be to extend his career as long as possible since he can’t get paid for his first 5 years.

The question is are you better off having a replacement level back and using the rest of that salary at other positions

Sure - you can argue that, but teams are still willing to pay top RBs $10 million+, they just won’t give them long term deals. If Taylor were a FA someone would 100% give him at least 2/20. So again, his goal (given he’s not going to get a huge extension) should be to preserve his body as much as possible so he can get paid for a few more years as a top back.

I was thinking we’d start to see 5 star high school running backs say “Redshirt me freshman and sophomore years, I’ll play one year.” Don’t take those hits for free. But maybe the NIL money is good enough.

Another 7 of 9

:football: Immaculate Grid 11 7/9:
Rarity: 417
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square:
Play at:

@immaculategrid x @pfref

A young kid with elite level athleticism and a legit shot at going pro should absolutely positively never play RB. Even 5’10" receivers can make borderline 9 figures over an NFL career these days. Become a DB. Literally anything but a RB who gets to get their head bashed in for minimum wage.

Miami signed Eli Apple to replace Ramsey. :oof:

I mean I guess Eli overperformed the past two years with Cincy? But he ain’t no Ramsey.

Dolphins are so snakebit

Coming off his second consecutive one-year contract with the Bengals, Apple started 15 regular-season games in 2022 as one of the team’s primary outside cornerbacks.

He was targeted more than any other Cincinnati defensive back in 2022, according to NFL Next Gen Stats. As the nearest defender, he had a completion percentage that was 2.6% lower than expectation and had minus-5.7 total expected points added when targeted.

tbh, I don’t feel that bad about this one. Ramsey overrated, imo. Nevertheless, better than Apple.

Eli Apple seems competent and like a top 50 corner, why was he unemployed?

Because he’s terrible.

:football: Immaculate Grid 12 7/9:
Rarity: 460
Play at:

@immaculategrid x @pfref

7 of 9 again

Thrown off by assuming that Los Angeles Chargers meant only players exclusively from that team and excluded the San Diego Chargers. Same for the Titans. No Oilers permitted.

1 Like

I’m terrible at the grid game, I basically only know fantasy relevant players and have a hell of a time with the multi team squares, the achievement ones are easy though.

2 Likes

Seems that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a good answer to go with if you don’t know. It’s like he’s been on a dozen teams or something. He was correct for two squares today and two yesterday.