The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1653483022572744705?s=20

Three years for the lady, and seven for the dog.

I don’t remember the particulars other than obscene speed, was he intoxicated?

His BAC was 0.16. He was very drunk.

that’s not ‘very drunk’.

2 Likes

As an individual’s blood alcohol level increases, so do their impairments. To know when your blood alcohol concentration may be too high, it helps to understand how levels of alcohol in blood can affect you.

• 0.01 – 0.03% – This is the lowest measurable blood alcohol level. At this mild level of intoxication, you may feel slightly warmer and more relaxed.
  • 0.04 – 0.06% – Your behavior will become exaggerated (speaking louder, gesturing more), you may begin to lose control of small muscles (resulting in things like blurrier vision), and your judgment will be impaired.
  • 0.07 – 0.09% – Mild impairment of speech, vision, coordination and reaction times make it dangerous for you to drive. In the United States (aside from Utah), it is illegal to drive at or above .08% BAC; you will test as legally impaired at this blood alcohol level if you’re 21 or older.
  • 0.10 – 0.12% – Obvious physical impairment and loss of judgment. Speech may be slurred.
  • 0.13 – 0.15% – At this point, your blood alcohol level is quite high. You’ll be affected by blurred vision, loss of coordination and balance, and potentially dysphoria (anxiety or restlessness).
  • 0.16 – 0.19% – The term “sloppy drunk” applies. Dysphoria will become stronger, and nausea may occur. Walking becomes difficult, and you may fall and hurt yourself.
  • 0.20 – 0.29% – You’ll feel dazed, confused, and disoriented. Balance and muscle control have deteriorated, and you may need help walking. You may not notice if you injure yourself, as feelings of pain are numbed. Nausea and vomiting are likely, and an impaired gag reflex could cause you to choke on your own vomit. Blackouts occur at this blood alcohol level.
  • 0.30 – 0.39% – This is a dangerously high blood alcohol concentration. Your potential for death increases, as does your heart rate and the likelihood of unconsciousness. You may experience irregular breathing and loss of bladder control.
  • .40% and over – Your heart or breathing may stop. A coma or death by respiratory failure is likely.
1 Like

Wut

An alcoholic can “handle” his or her BAC well into the teens.

Looks like a new Jets HC has emerged from his pod

3 Likes

Yeah I just saw his bar tab had 20 drinks. Plus he left $8 on a $240 tab where he was given a $45 discount.

I get torn on DUIs as I think we have a huge over incarceration problem, yet I feel almost all DUIs are undercharged. Not sure where I fall on this case. My knee jerk reaction is it’s not enough, but giving it more thought maybe it’s okay. I am conflicted.

i was .16+ literally every day for a couple years. i know my bac is high, but it was me feeling ‘normal’.

i couldn’t leave the house unless i was in the teens.

:-1:t3:

3 Likes

i feel like dui shouldn’t be illegal. however, if you hurt someone or damage their property, it’s a mandatory minimum 20+ years or something…

1 Like

https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1653776772121460741?s=20

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/i7Vm7W4.gif

5 Likes

I had a friend in college who drove drunk and killed a guy and got a 3 years sentence he served 2 of. I know punishments aren’t a huge deterrent but I do feel like if DUIs were punished more harshly people might reconsider getting behind the wheel if they knew what getting caught meant. It would suck to be made an example of. I think just about everyone knows someone who got one and while the punishments were never a mere slap on the wrist, it doesn’t feel like it’s ever enough to really change people’s behavior. Although maybe it has, I’m not sure.

DUIs cost $10k+ in California. I guarantee that has saved lives and I’m all for it.

3 Likes

Kang and Kodos won’t be able to hide in those human disguises forever.

1 Like

I think the high cost of nonfatal DUI is a good and appropriate deterrent. No one thinks they’re going to kill anyone when they get behind the wheel. And they usually don’t. I’d much rather deter DUIs by having a high penalty for non-injurious DUIs rather than throw the book at killer DUI incidents. Two or three years is probably about right for an average fatal case. And the intent is the same regardless of the outcome.

Something like Ruggs is different, he should have gotten the same sentence if he was stone cold sober. He was going 160 miles an hour on a surface street, I don’t gaf what your BAC is with that level of recklessness. The drinking is the least of it.

Now do Jalen Carter.