The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Baker figured out the Vikings defense hand signals by halftime.

ZW is 1-0. Undefeated baby.

Lost in the Rodgers injury is that the Bills lost to Wilson and Allen threw three picks.

I do kind of feel bad for Wilson. He was the starter, they bring in Rodgers as the savior, and now that Rodgers is hurt, everyone is shitting on Wilson, saying the Jets are screwed and they need to bring in another QB.

I’m trying to figure out if the Jets’ defense is really this good, or if all of the talk about Allen being a future Hall of Famer is a bit premature.

Both of those things are true, and I’m not only a member of the josh allen fan club but also the president.

But yeah, if you watched that game I can’t see how you’d conclude that Wilson won that game. They won despite him, primarily because their defense was impregnable imo.

Young QBs can improve, of course, and maybe Wilson will.

I am not a Jets watcher - but in his games against the Patriots he looked worse than any other Jets QB I’ve seen. Me from September 2021:

Yeah and while you never try to play down to your opponent, I think this is a case where “sticking to your game plan” cost the Bills the game. They arguably could have gone run-run-run-punt the entire 2nd half and won easily, I don’t think the Jets were capable of mounting multiple scoring drives (or even one) starting from inside their own 30.

I’ve always heard that too. Supposedly he did have some offers to be QB2 but turned them down, but that’s mostly unverifiable. There’s definitely something to being a backup QB in the NFL. There are a lot of guys serving as backups who are clearly not as good as some starters who have short careers in the NFL. But I also fully agree. While Kaep definitely had his struggles he lead a team to the SB. That’s usually enough to stay in the league for a long time unless you’re a locker room headache, or get obviously blackballed due to your political stances.

Foles is out of the league in only five years after that SB.

leading a team to a SB means nothing tho. Rex Grossman

I stand by this.

The jets d played pretty good today given the top difference and four turnovers. Cowboys had to settle for 5 field goals.

Giants play 9ers on Thursday night.

Edit and that cowboys cardinals clash is Sunday funday.

Counterpoint

Once they were up 14 points in the second half vs Wilson.

Dallas had 1st and 10 around the 20. They went run run run FG

It was perfect. Kill the clock. Make it a 3 score game.

They didn’t need to throw the ball at all. No reason to throw a pick and give the jets hope.

a year ago today, the browns had a 99.9% chance of winning against the jets, up 30-17 with 1:55 remaining.

they did not win.

4 Likes

meh, that’s what only the tenth worst collapse at the end of a game in browns history?

worst has gotta be that bears browns 2002 one, browns up 14 with 30 seconds left did not win

1 Like

Also Bears had the ball with 1:52 and two timeouts down 14. Not that crazy. Got some hilarious challenge luck late, too.

1 Like

we have a good time over here in northeast ohio :+1:t3:

1 Like

“not that crazy”

The last team to blow a lead of at least 13 points in the final two minutes before the Browns did it on Sunday (the Jets game) was the 2001 Browns

apparently I was wrong saying it wasn’t top 10 they are 1 and 2 it just feels like there’s so many more.

2,229 games where the team leading by 13 points or more in the final two minutes won can just be everyone except the browns

1 Like

I didn’t even know a lineman was allowed to advance a lateral. I was expecting a flag.

The receiver had good presence to know he was short.