The Neverending Picture Game

Winner

1 Like

This game is biased against people who donā€™t go anywhere

3 Likes

I have never been to this place, but here goes. I think possibly someone here will get it quickly, but for others you will have to do some deduction:

hgjhgjhgjhgfjhgjhgfjhgfhgfjh

In Stockholm
Nobel museum

1 Like

Fuck me, that was quick.

This game sucks.

Googlefu

1 Like

Ok, bragging, but I think I got it in less than 30 seconds and I had no idea what it was before I started googling. I started with ā€œAndre Gumā€ and then ā€œAndre Guim tape dispenserā€ and got it from that.

1 Like

I was hoping the name would be illegible and people would wonder why there was some sort of autographed tape dispenser on display in a museum. There arenā€™t a lot of historically important tape dispensers out there.

I started with Martian meteorite but ended up with

2 Likes

Itā€™s a red herring: the ā€œMartian rockā€ is actually just an ordinary bit of graphite like in pencil lead. The autographed tape dispenser was supposed to be the key clue.

1 Like

So, what is this?

Looking for the whole device, not just a component.

I tried meteorite paperweight and immediately got distracted by the story of an elderly widow getting caught in a sting operation for trying to flog her husbandā€™s moon dust to feed her grandkids.

1 Like

Well it looks like a coaxial rf cable connected to some circuit board thingy with a big processor. Itā€™s like maybe a wifi or a radio thingy. Why is it exposed to the elements, that seems bad.

Iā€™m looking for the whole device, but this deserves some credit.

There are no elements in California. (also the cover is off)

1 Like

Itā€™s some receiver thingy so some rich fucker can get broadband internet from his hacienda on the beach. Also, California is home to many elements. Californium, for example.

If you want to get electrical engineery on this you can look at the size of the wires and the layout above the little circuit board and get some idea of what kind of current and voltage they are designed to carry.

1 Like

Itā€™s an inverter?

Yep. Also a clue is that I took the picture. (pretty sure everyone knows I do solar) The small circuit board is part of the monitoring system and works with wifi and the coax connects to an antenna. It wasnā€™t working and tech support was skeptical that I had it plugged in correctly so I sent them pics from both sides, top and bottom.

1 Like

Itā€™s an inverter thingy so some guy with solar panels can turn his DC solar power into AC so he can power his computer and play Call of Duty. I have narrowed down the location to: somewhere in California.