The Neverending Picture Game

We had something similar on POG back in the day but iirc it only dealt with movies. This will be a little different, though no less simple: I will post a pic of a person, place or thing. You answer what/who/where that thing/person/place is, and then you post another pic of a person, place or thing. The next person does the same, and so on. It’s free to play, and totally worth it!

ETA it should be a famous/notable person, place or thing. No pictures of your niece etc.

1 Like

Here we go. Person obv:

This is the guy who invented the left handed revolver, but here he is sublimating rage because his hat is a failed souffle.

lapka suspiciously quick on the button there :grinning:

This guy’s monument in Kazakhstan

1 Like

Wait I don’t get it. Are we trying to guess correct answers and then the “winner” posts the next one, i.e., a game?

Yes

Fora never ending game this one will grind to a halt quickly if people don’t follow the rules.

No disrespect to KoNY who probably didn’t read the rules either, but can we ignore that offer for now and @zarapochka for hers?

1 Like

Isn’t this only interesting if you can’t immediately reverse image search it? Seems like the best ones can’t be searched but have enough clues in them that you can figure it out with a little detective work? I dunno I’m no POGer just sayin’.

1 Like

I guess so though I haven’t figured out how to reverse image search yet.

My guess for that last one would be Trump Towers.

I downloaded then uploaded mine to the site to make it harder but apparently not hard enough

Yeah that doesn’t work. I did a 10% pixel neighbor swap, cropped it, resized it, and added a tiny amount of Gaussian noise then hosted on a private imgur link. Google matched it to the source in like 0.87 seconds. WAAF

*Something else I learned while doing that is you can be personally identified from the noise profile of your camera.

2 Likes

O well it was a thought

I’m apparently a moron, because google doesn’t find it for me. just some “visually similar images”. I must be doing it wrong

A different picture than the one I posted.

Meh, I already found mine using same trick I used to find the King_of_NY one. But a good Google keyword search will nail it right away too.

What was my boo boo? Other than assuming lapka was correct when she posted a pic.

Is research allowed?