The National Football League

Lots of Broncos fans in Utah???

1 Like

Just seems like ā€œwhich teamā€™s divisional rivals have the highest aggregate populationā€?

1 Like

I respect how, despite their own rivalries, the entire Acela corridor comes together to hate the Cowboys.

2 Likes

Mia got home earlier from that London game than they would from a West Coast 4pm game.

I think that a 5 hour vs. 3 hour time zone difference (as well as the direction of travel) are more important factors than their arrival time back in Miami.

How does direction of travel impact this? I always find going west easier than going east, but the difference is marginal.

When flying east your circadian rhythm has more time to catch up on as flying east shortens days while west lengthens them.

Betting question.

Iā€™m in a pool where we pick every game against the spread and the winner each week makes money. We have until the games start to make our pick.

So we get the lines at the beginning of the week and there can be large swings before we have to submit. For example we were given GB vs WFT -9.5 and now itā€™s -8.

Does that mean I should take Washington +9.5?

Handicappinā€™

Yeah, of course. Later lines are sharper lines, generally. ā€œBeating the closersā€ is a common way books tell that an account is sharp. The only reason you might not do this is if your field is chock full of wiseguys doing the same thing, but thatā€™s very unlikely. Most people probably have no clue the line has moved.

Is Jamar Chase already the best receiver in the NFL? He has same yards as Davante Adams with 22 less targets playing with a lesser QB. I really thought the match up with Marlon Humphrey would be a challenge for him, but then today happened.

Whoever that huge guy on the Bucs was did a great job deciding to pull up to avoid the blindside block on that interception return.

Ooops, wrong thread!

Well, a lot of his stats did happen on that one missed tackle.

Cincy has a lot of weapons so opponents canā€™t really focus on him that much.

Heā€™s good. Definitely not the best yet.

Yeah, sort by yards isnā€™t the best for WR. He is good though. Probably would have Cupp and DA top 2.

Itā€™s not just sort by yards though. Getting the most yards on a substantially lower number of targets while still playing against opponents top cover guy is a pretty good indicator. Having big games on the road against the Steelers and Ravens defenses.

I would get people saying small sample size, itā€™s a legit question whether he can keep up his play, but itā€™s not like heā€™s just padding stats in garbage time or something.

It seems like 80% of NFL fans thought the Bengals should have picked Sewell and were laughing at them when Chase dropped a bunch of passes in preseason but in 5 years everyone will act like Chase was an obvious pick and they all knew he would be great.

Situation also matters a ton, tho.

If we switch Chase and Waddle, Chaseā€™s numbers on the Dolphins would almost certainly be very mediocre.

Wasnā€™t there a ā€œchase is afraid of the ball huge bustā€ guy here? Any chance theyā€™ll own up to it? Lol

Wheatrich?

Not sure at all, though

Yup

1 Like