The National Football League

I think there are some guys who definitely give less than 100% effort in preseason. Hard to tell less effort vs not that good though.

True, but most of those guys are not rookies. The rookies still have to prove themselves, even the ones picked early.

they learned to mostly just send him deep so he canā€™t get hit by the biggest players :thinking:

funny enough I did play him in DFS week 1/2/etc not that it mattered I didnā€™t win shit anyway.

1 Like

As a Bengals fan I was always Chase>Sewell

Also we have always been at war with Eurasia

(I watched a highlight film of Chase and didnā€™t see it (when I say see it I mean picking him over Sewell), and I thought priority #1 was obviously OL. Well thatā€™s why they donā€™t pay me money to scout)

Wasnā€™t that Eastasia?

1 Like

yeah yeah

Actually, as Winston well knew, it was only four years since Oceania had been at war with Eastasia and in alliance with Eurasia. But that was merely a piece of furtive knowledge which he happened to possess because his memory was not satisfactorily under control. Officially the change of partners had never happened. Oceania was at war with Eurasia: therefore Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia. The enemy of the moment always represented absolute evil, and it followed that any past or future agreement with him was impossible.

Close enough

I canā€™t remember if I posted this here, but this does a good job explaining why Iā€™d take Chase over Sewell-- attackers vs. mitigators.

The biggest reasons I was on Chase as a prospect are that he dominated college football as a 19-year-old and kept a teammate who damn near had an all-pro age-21 rookie season in the #2 role. Thatā€™s a lot of data to indicate heā€™d be dominant at the NFL level. No, I will not say I expected him to be on pace for 1,800 receiving yards as a rookie.

2 Likes

Bradyā€™s first in success rate since the 90s as well, but the gap from 2011 on is pretty wild. It reminded me of this thread from Mitchell Schwartz
https://twitter.com/mitchschwartz71/status/1432732446030766087?lang=en

Looks like the Packers are the latest team to get hit with COVID. Defensive coordinator tested positive and nowā€¦Davante Adams.

Itā€™s not out of the question that they will be cleared for the Arizona game, but itā€™s on Thursday and they have to have two negative tests 24 hours apart, since they are vaxxed.

Forgot to answer this but functionally theyā€™re both receiving playmakers. Itā€™s not like you draft Pitts because heā€™s an amazing in-line blocker; heā€™s practically a wide receiver. If you were looking for an elite talent in this draft to catch passes, Chase and Pitts were your options. The Dolphins moved up and missed them so they just took the next receiver.

Flacco Time for the Jets.

Shit, does that mean the Jets are now ELITE?

1 Like

I did this on my phone almost a year ago.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1452677332792233993

1 Like

Is there some weird Kyle Orton is a legend meme that Iā€™m missing?

8 Likes

This could be the week that the Lions ruin their perfect season (0-17).

LEGEND

8 Likes

You have to post that in the Jets thread on the other forum. (I think Iā€™ve seen you thereā€¦)

1 Like

Yup

1 Like