The National Football League

They luckboxed (and wasted) Marino. Also Shula was actually a top tier coach, until the game passed him by (i.e. right in the middle of Marino’s prime).

Prior to that they may have been the model franchise, but I didn’t experience that firsthand as a fan.

Anybody else have an a-ha moment once in a while where you remember that the Jacksonville Jaguars with Blake Bortles at QB were ahead by 7 going into the 4th quarter of an AFC Championship Game?

4 Likes

Yeah. I’m also certain that if they won that they would have shipped. BDN would have had major trouble with that defense.

I still wonder if I imagined that

When Peyton got injured the Colts were the worst team in the league, it means a shit ton to get one hall of fame quarterback even if everybody else sucks your team should still be at the top of the standings

they also kicked a FG at the beginning of that quarter to go up 10

It’s wild how much better the young QB outlook is now than even 5 years ago. This is all sorted by yards/attempt. In 2016, your hotshot young QBs were Dak Prescott, who has had his ups and downs, and that’s about it.

In 2021 I got Burrow, Murray, Mayfield, Jackson, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert. Also Fields, Lawrence and Wilson might be the real deal. And it’s not including Deshaun Watson.

Seems like 3-4 legit QBs come out of every draft now. The best QB in the 2013 draft was Geno Smith. Maybe we’re on our way to a point where there’s a little more QB wealth to go around, and 15 teams aren’t totally fucked w/o a franchise QB.

2013-15 didn’t work out very well for QBs, although right now you have three starters from those classes (Carr, Teddy, Jameis). 2012 was good, though, and if you’re including 2017 in 2021 those guys should be included as well (even if the top two picks ultimately did not have the careers we hoped).

It’s been a pretty solid run since then-- Lamar, Kyler, Allen all arguably elite; Herbert probably and Burrow possibly on that trajectory, and Mayfield has been solid.

2022 class will be interesting because I don’t think there’s any can’t-miss guys but there could be six or seven who have a chance to go in the first round, depending on who teams like.

Watson to the Dolphins rumors seem to be heating up again.

We think so poorly of you that we’ll take a chance on a guy that might be in jail rather than let you continue to play.

Baker Mayfield is Andy Dalton

2 Likes

I’m as loyal a fan as they come and I’ve stuck by all my teams through some fairly shit years. If the Dolphins trade away a bunch of first round picks for an actual rapist that is probably gonna be it for me.

1 Like

Yeah Michael Borovetz turned me away from Penn State too.

4 Likes

Probably a good time to buy JAGS stock, Urban keeping shares low and won’t be there long anyway so I can feel better about it later

and here I think the Browns move on from Baker in the offseason.

Teddy just never emerged as a passer to what I thought he was. He’s a career backup at best and denver should really just see what they have in lock at this point.

(I know injury and all it’s absurdly good he’s even playing but you can see his process and he’s alex smith like but not as good)

well that’s gonna be hard, they dealt this years for waddle. Max is either 3 or 4 years down the road.

(LOL at trading that pick for waddle oh boy) (currently 3rd overall GJGE)

1 Like

It’s the Jets so they’ll blow it somehow but man Jamal Adams to the Seahawks is the current leader in decade all time great trades–maybe it’ll end up like Galloway to the cowboys from seattle. Where it was really bad but it wasn’t super memorable.

If the colts are still out of it later Carson Wentz is going to be “injured” and miss games so the pick doesn’t trigger to the eagles which man that’s gonna be quite the can of worms and fan meltdowns.

I don’t know about new team, but you ought to be able to go back if there is an ownership change (and rapist is gone, of course).

Doesn’t work for colleges. They’re owned by the state.

well a panthers player plotted to murder his pregnant gf, ray lewis, a chiefs player went full murder suicide, steelers rape, texans rape, a cowboys player flipped a car killing a teammate driving under the influence, a bears player was a drug lord, aaron hernandez, a rams player tried to hire contract killers on the judge and a trial witness, and I’m only a quarter of way down the list, oh right vick’s dogfighting, kinda left out the retired guys out of this, they had free time

2 Likes