The National Football League

Well worth your time

https://twitter.com/rzstprogramming/status/1449489234943950851?s=21

6 Likes

Amazing how it at first sounds like he is going to rip the athletes and then he turns around rips the USOC and describes the plight of blacks in America.

2 Likes

Cosell was a good guy. In an era where black athletes were still heavily dehumanized (although I guess we are still have today’s “shut up and dribble”) Cosell was different.

I forget where I heard the story, but apparently one time he was in a limo in a bad part of town, saw some black kids fighting, then got out and called the fight. He stuck around and hung out signing autographs for them.

Sports could definitely use more guys like him.

1 Like

Was prompted by the ol’ Belichick v. Brady thread on 2+2 to run the numbers:

Average NFL Team Offense Rank as HC/OC Without Brady:
Belichick = 19
Josh McDaniels = 21.67
Weis = 15
Bill O’Brien = 17.6
Arians = 16
Leftwich = 17.5

General college misery thrown in for good measure - Bill O’Brien’s Penn State was dead average both nationally and in the BIG, Weis’ Notre Dame was very good the first two years then misery for him at both ND and Kansas’ - Kansas best ranking was 98th.

Average offense with Brady is 4th.

This. Cosell was a complete anomaly for his era. And he got a lot of hatred for it.

I’m afraid if he were in his prime today he would be an abused meme factory, though.

Yeah, I remember this from the Cosell movie with John Turtutrro. In the movie, he was coming back from calling a MNF game with Al Michaels.

Apparently the geniuses running the Dolphins actually wanted to play a goddamn 1:00 game the Sunday following their London game, against a team coming off a bye week following their London game.

So instead of having this week to recover from the jet lag and hangover of London, not to mention the insane amount of injuries (top two WRs, both starting corners, Et al) they’re playing a game this coming Sunday because they wanted a bye week “later in the season.”

Just total and complete incompetence from top to fking bottom with that dumpster fire of an organization.

2 Likes

Astounding how quickly the Dolphins have gone from “looks like they finally have a coach and GM in place who are building the right way” to “well, looks like they’re a trash org still.”

1 Like

Dolphins thought they were a contender but didn’t realize it was for the #1 draft pick.

1 Like

need 53 points from Henry tonight

2 Likes

no, they’re back next week

they are only contracted for 10 a season so they have 4 more to skip.

1 Like

Somehow Miami is…favoured?

I want to say back up the truck on Falcons +2.5, but betting on the Failcons so rarely goes well.

he’s on pace

13.25 points per quarter

1 Like

Well, to be fair, anyone who said bolded is an idiot.

I’ve been saying the coach and GM suck from the moment they were hired. Flores is not a good coach.

1 Like

Pretty scummy #51

Love when reply shows an obvious helmet to helmet cheap shot and the fans boo in outrage lol.

They’re literally never getting the #1 pick unless it’s a year there’s no consensus #1 pick so yeah you may be right this could be the year!

1 Like

I thought Flores would be good. He seems to know defense at least.

Butnahhh guy’s in way over his head and a replacement level Belichick disciple

I have no idea what qualifies Grier to run an Arby’s never mind an NFL front office

I was down on him from the very beginning. Primarily because all Belichick’s assistants have a terrible track record.

But If I’m honest, I’d be skeptical of anyone who wants to coach for this franchise. That’s a massive red flag and I have to assume they suck until proven otherwise.

If Flores is out this year, there are very few first time HCs that I’d be excited about. Bienemy might be the only one.