The National Football League

It’s not easy finding an ethnic Australian eatery.

1 Like

Yup

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1447727725633064964?s=21

4 Likes

Go to the Dan Lebatard FB fan group. Not at all a bastion of conservatism. There’s asswholes there whining about it.

I know others have said already but there are not enough Pikachu faces on the internet for a FOOTBAW GUY like Gruden turning out to be a loud-mouthed indiscreet piece of shit.

Even in Australia.

3 Likes

Carl Nassib is DE for the Raiders, only openly gay player in the NFL, Gruden was a dead man walking as soon as this stuff about “queers” hit the media.

1 Like

The only reason any of the stuff hit the media is because he insulted Roger.

2 Likes

This is slowly turning into a real life Chucky scenario.

These takes did not age well…

https://twitter.com/MasterTes/status/1447752205092675587?t=sdKOgiYlFu89S0IRu2qZPg&s=19

4 Likes

Bad take, Uncle Tony

1 Like

I’d guess the guy Gruden was insulting was Michael Sam - drafted by the Rams, out of the league really quickly. Nassib wasn’t known to be gay when he was drafted.

1 Like

But his emails!

4 Likes

Racist white guy hides his racism when around black people and only lets it out when he’s around who he thinks are otherwise like minded white people. Pikachu shocked face.

2 Likes

Bracing myself for a lot of this.
https://twitter.com/ElieNYC/status/1447744583987781640?t=0Q2kQo_LQF934bGdZvTsPQ&s=19

11 Likes

I always write off anyone who says “I don’t have a racist bone in my body” or whatever it was he said, as a no doubt racist.

1 Like

so you are saying you do have a racist bone in your body

1 Like

Of course. Anyone as old as I am (and I’m pretty old) was socialized from a very young age to be a racist. When I was born, black people had their own schools and drinking fountains etc. So as you get older, you have to actively fight against the way you were socialized, to try to free yourself from the racist mindset. Its another tell when someone reacts to being accused of racism by going into instant denial without a moment of introspection.

20 Likes

Am I crazy for thinking that the caliber of QB play this season is pretty incredible? Most years it seems pretty bleak outside of the top 10, but, like,

Kyler, Russ (RIP), Stafford, Rodgers, Brady, Dak, Mahomes, Herbert, Carr, Burrow, Baker, Lamar, and Allen are all guys you feel good about having, that you want the ball in their hands down 6 with 2 minutes to go, and that you think can Rang now. That is just a ton, and the guys just outside of this, like the miraculous resurrection of Darnold, Cousins, and Tannehill (another miraculous resurrection, but before this year) gets you to quality qb play for half the league.

2 Likes

Gruden’s situation is ripe with hypocrisy. Not much sympathy for anyone dumb enough to use language like that in his correspondence but where draw the line?

I’m sure none of the 3 most overrated artists in hip hop history that are performing the halftime show have ever used offensive language.

Randy Moss coming to tears talking about it on ESPN was high comedy.

1 Like

There’s a difference between using offense language in art and using it in anger or to actually, intentionally be hurtful.

Obvious example is obvious: a rapper or a character in a Tarantino movie using the n word versus it being used by a white person in virtually any situation in real life.