The National Football League

I might be being a little tough on him - he was definitely accurate overall and made good choices (other than the first play!). His best play was called back on a penalty - one of the things where he’s definitely behind the other rookie QBs is movement skills, and that’s not changing, but he was pressured, escaped to his right, and threw an accurate deep ball to Bourne while getting hit. Called back on a hold by Herron (man, Herron was a disappointment - he looked great for a late round pick as a rookie). I couldn’t find a clip on Twitter, too bad, that play got me hyped.

Taking just the one sack (really, two with the fumble/spike on the first drop back) was a really good sign, the line had a lot of trouble.

I will say that his arm strength relative to the other 1st Round Picks did jump out to me. It’s probably still good enough to win (and I do think arms can get stronger in the NFL) but I could see why he was the 15th pick instead of the 1st. He just can’t make this throw:

https://twitter.com/apthirteen/status/1437138501670146054

9ers got murdered by injuries the last couple years too, right?

Yep. Pretty sure they were in the top 3 betting odds heading into last season and the season before

This throw by Mac, it’s a fair criticism, it might have been completed if it was thrown harder. He couldn’t step into it, but I think it’s one where a stronger arm might get a big play.

Of course, the trade off for the stronger arm might be that the guy isn’t as accurate. The throw is right on the money, but slow. The twitter guy calling it a “dilemma” is correct.

https://twitter.com/QBKlass/status/1437466191560282114

I’ll take that. The DB had great coverage and made a good play on the ball which was the only thing that prevented a big play. If this is the penalty we have to suffer for an average arm I’ll take it every time if all the other stuff I think I saw (pre-snap reads and adjustments, post-snap progressions, accuracy, movement in the pocket, etc) is real. That, of course, is still a very big if at this stage.

1 Like

If you are referring to Mostert and Aiyuk, they were non-factors in that game.

Just finished watching the JAX-HOU game. What a sad state the Jaguars franchise is in. At no point did they look like they belonged there. The 37-21 final score hides just how terribly they played.

Wild stat:
https://twitter.com/TBTimes_Bulls/status/1437800450020061184

That 2010 Brady run was absurd. Weapons were:

• 29 year old Welker coming off a torn ACL in the prior year’s week 16
  • 31 year old Deion Branch (acquired midseason)
  • Brandon Tate (cut next preseason)
  • Rookie Gronk and Hernandez
  • Ben-Jarvus Green-Ellis
  • Danny Woodhead (acquired midseason)

Sure that game, but I think Mostert was the only real way the ninrrs have to develop a ground game options against teams who have better pass defense than the lolLions.

Losing him for the season (season ending surgery announced today) is a big blow

The 49ers did well with RB by committee and an ever changing cast in the previous seasons. Sermon, Mitchell, Hasty all seem promising. For now, I am still optimistic that they can handle the loss of Mostert.

Mostert is cool and all but he’s never been healthy and has been passed around to like 6 different teams. They will live.

1 Like

Ill keep my fingers crossed. Obviously the first three quarters were very promising, even if it was against LosLoLLions

Welcome to Florida!

So Thomas isn‘t vaccinated? GJGE.

Jackson is 0-3 against Mahomes – losing to him in each of the past three seasons – while going 30-5 (.857) against the rest of the NFL.

wait, this including MNF? good god this can’t be right tho

no it’s right.

1 Like

The Texans turned down a trade offer of three first-round picks and three third-round picks for Deshaun Watson before April’s NFL Draft, according to Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer.

if true for a guy who most people figured wouldn’t be playing in 2021… LOL

Trent Dilfer threw 4 TD’s and 18 INT’s starting every game for the 1995 bucs

they went 7-9

twas a different game then

2 of those TD’s was week 1. he threw 2 TD’s over the course of 15 games and did not lose his job.

1. how the hell did he get any chance ever to win a super bowl
  2. how the hell is anyone still like hurr durr can’t dump a super bowl winning qb hurr durr with this guy

https://twitter.com/PintOfJack/status/1438362686836858893/photo/1

like this is just insane, 35+ attempts multiple games with 0 TD’s

then they start the next season 1-8 he’s still shit and he still doesn’t get benched unreal

and makes the pro bowl in 97

football is fucked up man

there’s a bears 3, bucs 6 game in here where the bears kick a FG with 2:24 left at hte bucs 9, it was fourth and four not goal. ffs well we’ve fuck all on offense the whole game but sure we’ll get back on the next drive, if there’s one (there was and they did not get back)

3 Likes

I assumed that the lack of passing TDs were because they had Dunn and Alstott in the backfield, but this was a year before they drafted Alstott and two before Dunn :exploding_head:

47 sacks on 415 attempts is pretty wild, too. That’s not quite David Carr career high percentage, but right at David Carr career total percentage.

Holy shit he went ten straight games without a TD.

How is that a thing?

This was my thought too. Get to the 1, Alstott pounds it in, but nope