The National Football League

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1437145669706285059

Looks like I have.a new team to hate now!

Ryan Pace, so they got all the WR’s who run fast, for QB1 Andy Dalton who can’t throw deep and got rid of the tackles from last year so we can’t block for that long anyway. (already on left tackle #4 to boot)

The defense well all the paid guys are shit or vastly underperforming, and even better you restructured the shit guys deals to save on cap this season to kick the can down the road and have them on the team longer, BRILLIANT. Also the defense is total shit.

Fucking dumb fuck should’ve been fired years ago and everyone knows it but no not the Bears, fire a HC that went 10-6 but nope can’t fire these sack of clowns (because they made the playoffs by default last year).

https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1437235848450174984

some takeaways:

-if Payton really fixed Jameis’ mechanics (go check Matt Waldman’s timeline right now, he has a couple clip explainers of how much better his dropback is) the sky might be the limit for him
-Urban Meyer is almost certainly in over his head (side note: the Khans don’t really know what they’re doing, do they)
-Sunday night made it pretty clear why McVay was willing to pay so much to dump Goff and get Stafford
-I don’t know how the Eagles beat the Falcons’ asses so badly but it was pretty funny. Hurts legit?
-Same comment but for Cardinals-Titans

2 Likes

Bears defense is just awful, idk if there’s even anything to take from that game for the rams offense.

Titans/Falcons we knew going in were trash on defense. The surprising part was how wrecked the Titans OL got against the Cards DL and the Eagles D dominating the Falcons O.

Feel like the first deep TD made it pretty clear why McVay wanted Stafford and was fed up with Goff

Also just play Fields already

Yeah that’s why it was such a surprise. Expected those units to put up more of a fight.

Jesus Christ, Chandler Jones had 5 sacks lol.

Also forgot to mention 49ers-Lions. No idea how the 49ers let the Lions actually have a shot to tie it at the end after being up 4 TDs. Also heard Sewell looked really good at left tackle although I didn’t watch the game.

Stafford has been very underrated, and Goff is straight trash recently, so seems like the right move for a team that with a good QB is a legit contender.

2 Likes

Pace and company know their only chance to save their career is to keep Fields on the bench so they have an excuse for losing and try to trick the clueless ownership into giving them one more year. It won’t work obviously, but that is their only out.

As someone who has watched every Lions game for a very long time, Stafford is definitely an upgrade over Goff. He will make his share of mistakes though. He will hold the ball too long and take sacks he shouldn’t at times. He’s also the anti-Goff in a lot of ways and that there times he should just take the checkdown and the 5-10 yards but will force it 30 yards downfield into tight coverage. He has an elite arm though, and Goff clearly does not.

Mac Jones looked fine after his first drop back. He was under pressure and spiked the ball at the feet of TE Jonnu Smith, which is usually a smart play. Except Jonnu was standing behind McCorkle, so it was a fumble. It wasn’t even close - Mac had turned completely around. Couldn’t find a clip on Twitter. Potentially cost the team a FG in a 1 point game.

He was fine, missed a couple of throws but had some beauts:
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1437181306924933130

He did. In the beginning there were back-to-back plays where he made blocking Bosa look easy for example.

1 Like

regarding start fields already, the bears are on left tackle #4 and he holds the ball long so… (there was a big preseason hit he took where he failed to read the blitz and it was 100% on him, so :/ yet, what they’re doing now with just random read option stuff I don’t understand though)

I learned the Packers DC is the Lions 0-16 DC.

Jimmy Graham had 14 snaps, we got rid of a starting cornerback for that

too many issues on the bears outside of who the QB is tho, Mack was one on one and didn’t do a damn thing.

Stafford tried to throw a pick six in the game so if he had I wonder if all the “he’s so underrated” talk would still be a thing… He is who he is. A guy with an arm who will just throw the ball to the other team for no reason. Those guys can be very frustrating at times.

I’m probably being blinded a bit by homerism, but he was more than fine imo. He looked like an NFL QB. He read the defense pre-snap and adjusted assignments and plays. He was able to go through progressions post-snap when his first read was covered. Other than the first drive, nothing looked too big for him. He completed about 70 percent of his passes and had completions to 8 different receivers. All that against what I think is a solid defense. I’m giddy about his future.

https://twitter.com/StarrburyMike/status/1437453121052098561

The three stages from Browns fandom - pain, anger, resignation.

5 Likes

Mostly just pain. Lots of pain.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/1437275708837937152?s=19

1 Like

the afc and nfc west are combined 8-0

the nfc north is 0-4

the north plays the nfc west and the 17th game is afc west gl

To be fair, the niners already have two major injuries, so we will see how long that trend holds