The National Football League

I wonder if Marino gets in coming out now instead of when he came out? He owned ~all the records when he came out and like none now I think, and no RANGZ to boot

With the same stats as he had back then instead of playing anew with more favorable rules? Yeah, he probably wouldn’t make it with his stats now, but if he were playing now, he’d almost certainly put up much better numbers.

Take away Brees’ ring and he still gets in easy. No one is debating that.

That’s what Marino was: Ringless Brees, but even better.

2 Likes

Also I am certain that scam plays a lot longer if he’d have run less and not owned all those rushing records. Those old 22 game day threads are lousy with comments about his stupidity during games, diving into piles head first and whatnot. I’m honestly surprised his career lasted this long.

If Marino came out now he’d have 50% more of everything.

Matt Schaub?

EDIT: Tom Savage after looking it up. Watson replaced Savage during the second game of the season and played until he tore his ACL, ending his season.

Just got cut now.

Hawks only kept 4WRs and 3 QBs for some reason. 5 RBs too.

Dan Campbell playing 14-D chess over here

1 Like

It sounds like a simple roster game where they can keep a player on the 53-man roster so they can put him on short term IR and not lose him for the season then bring back one of the kickers or sign a new one.

I used to do this in fantasy football

1 Like

https://twitter.com/nfl_memes/status/1432716075569983488?s=21

You seen the stats on rushing yards over expectation? Basically makes Charles look like the greatest RB of all time.

My favorite stat is that he was an All-Pro in a year he didn’t even lead his team in carries.

https://twitter.com/ZoneReads/status/1425787495074078722

Tom Savage, and he got benched at halftime week 1 because he was so bad. Just an LOL Bill O’Brien moment.

2 Likes

This is exactly what it is. Also both those kickers sucked, no one is going to claim or sign them. It’s entirely possible neither kicker makes it longer than week 3.

Yep. I know hindsight is 50/50 (thanks Cam) but it was clearly right for Burrow to sit last year. Burrow was clearly better than the backup, but good lord Burrow was running for his life every play. I also say that as a UK fan that will forever be disappointed Tim Couch’s career crashed.

I think this is a little strict, but still think Cam is clearly a no for the HOF.

How many seasons was Cam Newton considered a top 5 QB? It ain’t many.

1 Like

One (bullshit) MVP season, one SB appearance and ten years of being a pretty good QB who is huge and great at sneaks is not a HOF QB performance in the modern era.

His one crazy season at Auburn is enough for the college football HOF. His one crazy season in the NFL is not enough.

Think Cam’s short too but really not worse than say Eli who let’s face it they’re gonna put him in.

Cam’s also only 32, maybe somewhere he gets enough on the stat sheet to get in yet.

as noted above, his case is a lot closer than everyone would initially have thought.

that was a legit MVP win come on man

1 Like