The National Football League

Yes

Which is why it’s so funny to me that some people want to bury a guy who completely destroyed college football at age 19 because he didn’t look good in preseason after 19 months away from competitive football

Anyone know how Cade Johnson has looked this preseason? Pats just cut their late round receiver pick taken right about where I had hoped they would take Cade.

no idea, but he doesn’t appear to have been cut yet

1 Like

This probably gives you an idea of how well he is doing.

1 Like

It’s because he’s clearly scared to play football which is ridiculous.

Lol feel free to bet on that if you want because of preseason, I’m not going to

Cam Newton released.

Tired:

Wired:
https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1432708677765582862

Absolutely hate Barstool Sports, but I’ll cite a good joke.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1432711275067412485

I like Cam. I gave him a pass last year because of COVID and think he’s got a shot to be a productive starter somewhere.

But hard to feel too bad for the unvaxxed guy who can’t follow simple procedures. Belichick doesn’t have time for that kind of shit if you’re a current MVP, never mind the shell of a former one.

https://twitter.com/ChicagoWhiteCub/status/1432709748533698569

Newton’s collapse is a weird one. He always had enough flaws that I never considered him to be among the best in the game, but he was certainly a starting caliber QB that could get the right team to the promised land.

He has had mega noodle arm forever, the COVID antivax bullshit probably wasn’t helping.

You can hate them for possibly stealing it from BetMGM and DraftKings who tweeted the joke first.

1 Like

Makes sense then, it was the first thing on Twitter I saw about it this morning. Shoulda dug a little.

I support the decision, but seems strange that Mac didn’t get any run with the starters in preseason games if Bill had this possible outcome in the back of his mind. Especially the game 2 days ago.

Also, hope he cuts Hoyer too.

Bill Belichick : “Not having Tom Brady is hard.”

Has $cam done enough to get into the hof eventually, assuming he’s done?

31,698 pass yds
5,398 rush yds
190 pass TD
70 rush TD (NFL record)
1,071 rush attempts (also NFL record)
14 rush TD in a season (also NFL record)
3x Pro Bowls
Rookie of the Year (2011)
1x 1st team All Pro, Off Player of the Year, MVP (2015)
0 RANGZ (lost Super Bowl L to Peyton as 5.5 point fave)

I hate the guy so I hope not. Obv not first ballot but perhaps eventually? Maybe?

The idea of Cam Newton in the HoF sounded ridiculous to me, but I guess I didn’t appreciate the stats he’s built up. The thing that’s not quite evident in your list is that he’s actually 32nd all-time in rushing TDs among all players. He’s got more rushing touchdowns than:

• Steven Jackson
  • Maurice Jones-Drew
  • Eddie George
  • Fred Taylor
  • Ricky Williams
  • Thurman Thomas
  • Larry Csonka
  • OJ Simpson
  • Herschel Walker
  • Terrell Davis
  • Earnest Byner
  • Roger Craig
  • Curt Warner
  • Tiki Barber
1 Like

I don’t think so, no. I sort of agree with Cowherd’s requirements for the HoF. Basically you need to be considered top 5 at your position in the game for 2 contracts, so roughly 8 years. Exceptions for players who were amazingly elite for a short time but got cut down due to injuries (i.e. Terrell Davis).

Cam has just been too inconsistent, and there are enough better QB’s from this era that I don’t think you give him the nod. He’ll have to make a comeback and make some postseason runs before he’s considered imo.