The National Football League

Depends how important you think Akers was?

You are not crazy. Iā€™m high on them.

Iā€™m not sure who to pick at 3. Iā€™m assuming Kamara will be there and I donā€™t think I can pass on him. Do you think Winston is better for Kamaraā€™s season outlook?

Edit: I had Kamara last year in the same league. Itā€™s the biggest league money wise I play in and I won last year. So my hesitation for Kamara almost feels like me thinking I just hit a set on the last hand so there is no way I can hit a set two hands in a row!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been watching Stafford fire laser beams all over the field for 12 years. He will make throws that only the best in the NFL can make and oftentimes only he has the nads to even try. This will lead to some INTs that shouldnā€™t happen. He will also take inexplicable sacks at times. He is like the anti Goff though. He will force it 30 yards down field into tight coverage when the defense is giving his check down option an easy 5 to 8 yards. He has a lengthy injury history that at his age I worry might catch up to him. He really is reminiscent of Brett Favre. Strong armed gunslinger who will play through any injury.

Goff has only played one preseason quarter but so far it was unimpressive. Both our backup QBs have bigger arms. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s a downgrade for the Lions at this point.

To be fair, I didnā€™t think Hill looked terrible for what he was given to work with. He was working with the second team line and was running for his life the entire time. But he did look decent on a few of those rollouts, and I was surprised at how much zip he had on some of his throws considering he was running for his life during most of them. He also had a decent stat line last week (I did not see that game though so I canā€™t comment on it).

But yeah itā€™s pretty clear cut at this point. Maybe Winstonā€™s problems in Tampa really were caused by his vision idk :man_shrugging:? If he keeps his head on, he has a chance to salvage a decent career out of the Saints.

By week 4 weā€™re going to be laughing our asses off at the Jameis show. All the interceptions, tons of yards, the full range of outcomes available on every passing play. Dude is constant entertainment.

Goff is trash and Stafford is way better but the NFCW is brutal.

Things seem to be going well in Cincy

https://twitter.com/skprofootball/status/1430218150696558594?s=21

Winston will be much better for Kamara than Hill. Hill would be taking away running opportunities particularly in the red zone where Hill usually does weird plays. As the starter, Hill might be reeled in a bit, but Winston is way better for Kamara imo. And with Thomas out to start the season, Kamara is expected to go nuts. If youā€™re 1-QB redraft PPR, Kamara is good at pick 3.

Hahahaha. ETN out of the season with lisfranc. So for Jalen Ramsey the Jaguars got a below average pass rusher that they overdrafted andā€¦nothing else. What an absolute joke of a franchise.

2 Likes

Ok, over my initial overreaction of the ETN news. I just was not a fan of the pick at all at it just seems like Karma. It really just sucks that it now means Carlos Hyde will be getting substantial work and I donā€™t really see that as helping Trevor develop. ETN would have been a great option for Trevor with this awful OL. Bah, just sucks.

Bring on the carnage!

No. And given what the Rams gave up in the deal, Iā€™d say they agree.

Well, better than Hill in that heā€™s a starting-caliber NFL quarterback and Hill is not, yeah. Tough to answer because on the one hand I dunno if Winston will check down as often as Brees-- on the other hand given the paucity at WR there I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see Kamara split out wide more often. So, yeah, PPR, seems fine to me, without doing any further research.

At least for the first two series, which I watched pretty closely, he had the same problems I saw when he started last year: Holds onto the ball too long, which is compounded by his poor feel for the rush and problems reading the field / finding open receivers, made even worse by his high fumble rate. And heā€™s not terribly accurate either.

1 Like

Bengals bungled a high draft pick?
Shhhhhhocking

Am I considered an ass if I enter the Peehs from Kris on 2+2? :thinking:

Well I plan to enter. Kris is a good dude

I also have the crazy distinction of coming in first, and coming in last.

Robinson is a good back though. Not sure why they got Etienne in the first place.

Why would you be? AFAIK there isnā€™t one here. That competition is the only reason I go back to 2p2 at all, lol.

Nah, KK is good people. If I still watched the NFL at all Iā€™d still be entering.

Iā€™m too lazy to use anything more than UP and Reddit. Otherwise, Iā€™d be in too.

1 Like