The National Football League

I dunno. He’s very much the “do whatever it takes to win the football game and don’t give me any bullshit” type. I think that would outweigh any deplorableness?

“Recently, I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients. Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award,” Belichick said in a statement obtained by NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. “Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation’s values, freedom and democracy. I know I also represent my family and the New England Patriots team. One of the most rewarding things in my professional career took place in 2020 when, through the great leadership within our team, conversations about social justice, equality and human rights moved to the forefront and became actions. Continuing those efforts while remaining true to the people, team and country I love outweigh the benefits of any individual award.”

Man I get there is a union blah blah blah but if I’m a coach I’m making life hell for anyone not vaccinated. What an imbecile.

1 Like

They should just go with the Washington Hard Ons For The Military.

https://twitter.com/RenegadeAdam/status/1429866296305496065

Lol Steelers slappies. That was a shit throw.

No it won’t. Bet a lot of the vaccine paperwork submitted to the NFL is phony anyway.

Chiefs lose first 2 games. Shocking predictions!

Eh, shit throw is letting your Steeler hate get the best of you. I’m just happy to see it go further than 10 yards.

1 Like

Don’t think Najee is gonna have a good season if Ben can’t stretch the field.

Lions secondary is WOAT. Just air it out backyard ball style and completion % will probably around 75.

So Jameis will be starting for the Saints clearly

1 Like

Trevor Lawrence going head first into defenders downfield, dude is going to die this year.

1 Like

Absolute gold in the replies

https://twitter.com/theothergarth/status/1429950017352179717?s=21

Lawrence regularly took off running throughout his college career and for big yardage when he did it, and looked just awful doing it every time. It’s not going to work out at this level. I fear an Alex Smith type leg injury tbh :grimacing: a guy like Minkah Fitzpatrick will destroy him.

I don’t think it should’ve been a question after Taysom’s trial run last season, but tonight’s game was a pretty good microcosm of why it should be Jameis

It really should have been Jameis last year too.

And again the Jaguars franchise is an embarrassment(not that it ever stopped). Only took two preseason games into the Urban era. Pretty impressive. At least the Mets gave me a few months before falling back into embarrassment. Jags just dove head first.

2 Likes

Well your franchise is going to ruin Trevor Lawrence, my franchise is going to ruin Joe Burrow. Cheers bro.

Yeah, almost definitely. Feels like something was promised to Taysom upon signing, or Sean just really wanted to find out exactly what he had in his favorite new toy.

Am I nuts for thinking that Stafford is a major upgrade from Goff, that roster is largely the same, and I should be piling in on Pro-Rams futures?

2 Likes