The National Football League

all the starting QB’s for the jags except Cody Kessler since 2012 are still in the league somewhere

this reminded me of how LOL sashi brown was and how LOL people who defended him were at the time

Don’t understand how the 9ers have the easiest schedule playing in prob the toughest division this year.

I was trying to figure that out myself and now I’m wondering if there isn’t a win total up for Green Bay.

Kaepernick seems to be doing okay. He’s publishing a book advocating police abolition.

Apparently, he also has a Netflix series coming up. I think he’s doing pretty darn good while avoiding CTE.

Speaking of QBs finally getting another shot

him

(Only one spoiler per post? I give up.)

That’s an incredibly stupid metric.

9ers have it easy

Why?

They are playing a heap of teams with 9.5 win totals along with spuds.

That’s weird isnt Seattle/LAR/Arizona/Packers supposed to be good?

Yeah they are

Well why are their totals low?

Because they have to play Seattle/LAR/Arizona/Packers

1 Like

I think the problem we have is that he’s using a second order metric (win total) instead of the first order (strength of team). There are just better ways to measure how strong certain teams are, a team with 8 projected wins against the NFC East and AFC East is very different from a team with 8 proj wins playing the NFC West and toughest AFC Division (honestly not sure what that is this year)

1 Like

Gotta be the North, right? I guess you could make a case for the West. It sure as shit ain’t the other two.

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1392626956521246721

1 Like

Looking at the Vikings schedule I thought to myself that seems like a really tough one, I was thinking top 5 toughest guess I was wrong.

CAR, 2x DET and CIN probably drag it down a bunch

Projected win total isn’t totally accurate for some of the reasons that have been stated, but it is better than previous season’s win total.

Also, lol: https://twitter.com/search?q="football%20twitter%20rex%20chapman"&src=typed_query&f=live

and only a few of those teams will be anywhere near accurate when it’s redone at the end of the season so there’s already way too many posts on a completely meaningless statistic

1. 49ers finishing with the worst record in the NFL
  2. Miami winning the Super Bowl
  3. NE finishing with 7 or 8 wins

Meh. Not much else to talk about.

Seems like the bigger issue is that Rams/Seahawks/Cards are all suppressing each other’s win totals. The Chiefs may well be better than all 3, but probably not by as much as the disparity in win total would suggest, because the Chiefs have a much softer division.

This seems like a criticism of the overall method, as using win totals that surely have an estimated strength of schedule baked into them, to re-estimate strength of schedule seems like it’s inappropriately magnifying one variable from a complex calculation.

One of the key weaknesses of strength of schedule as a metric is that if you are the best team, you can’t play yourself (so SOS will always look weak), and likewise if you are the worst team (but the opposite look for SOS). I don’t think anyone has tried to do a “strength of this schedule compared to all possible schedules for this team” metric, but that would help paint a more complete picture of what actually changes from year to year in tandem with a metric for strength of division.

Chiefs div is tougher by far if Rodgers gets traded in it.

Seems like a massively big if, and one that could be true for just about any division. AORN, Broncos and Raiders aren’t scaring anyone.

fwiw I think the NFC West is vastly overrated. (they played NFCE last year…) Seattle doesn’t scare anyone and I thought they went 10-6 before I looked it up. (expected was 10-6). It’s Russell Wilson and 5 other guys.

Rams outside of one guy is a bunch of vastly overpaid talent. Cardinals underperformed last year vs their talent. 49ers well when they’re not destroyed with injuries they’re good enough else no. So 50/50.

The Seahawks were a really weird team last year, because if you took the offense of the first 5 games and paired it with the defense of the last 5 games, they would be the GOAT team, but swap that and they’d have a legit shot at 0-16. The offense has plenty of talent and a new OC that can hopefully be more creative in utilizing it. Defenses last year totally figured out what Schotty was doing and shut it down. The D is solid other than a gaping hole at CB, so the pass rush better get there or there will be problems.

We’ll see what the Rams can do without Goff, McVay seems to always get it done, especially against the Hawks, even though they look like shit. The NFCW has been tough because barring massive injuries, no one is going to finish way under .500.

They ain’t playing the NFC East this year so Arizona probably will.