The National Football League

It’s hard to be all that angry about the Giants. The trade downs were excellent even if the first pick wasn’t ideal. At least it addressed a need. The second round pick was sick value and fulfilled a huge need. The third was meh whatever. The trade up wasn’t that destructive.

Can anyone think of any worse fandom situation in recent sports history than being a Texans fan right now? Team abysmal, absolute shit owner and front office, star QB apparently a sex offender, cupboard bare and no fucking draft picks to rebuild.

2 Likes

Yeah, what I’m saying is that if this was the case then it’s essentially a lock that they misevaluated something somewhere.

I still giggle every time Mel says “tackles for loss”.

25 years old

And nickel defenses are used mostly on 3rd downs.

Lions are still gonna suck but at least they’ll win a fight

bengals took a kicker in round 5 yes, they’ve already taken 2 OT’s but until you’ve drafted 5 linemen who have some potential, I don’t wanna hear you drafted a kicker.

1 Like

love these draft grade articles. Nobody is ever really doing bad. :D

also I bring you the houston texans

at pick 161 on the clock they move up to 174 trading 203 and 212

then they realize well they can’t guarantee their guy is there so they move up again to 170 trading 174 and 233. They traded 203, 212, and 233 for 170. Yikes.

1 Like

they defaulted on their first round pick but they did eventually pick someone so B-

they traded up to draft a kicker A

At least it wasn’t round 1.

It feels like the Texans are going to be awful for like 10 years minimum.

I’ve watched so much draft coverage I’m starting to think I might have mesothelioma and ovarian cancer.

3 Likes

heh @ that awkward eagles draft room incident where they traded back from 70 took someone at 73 gm goes around fist bumping because that’s what losers do (seriously can adults stop doing this? You’re fist bumping people for picking a name on the board ffs) and the scouting director either clearly didn’t like the pick or really preferred someone that went off the board in between 70 and 73.

1 Like

Oh man I hope this is even half right. I had no idea they had no 4, 5, or 6 round picks at all this year. How the hell did the Pats wind up with Miami’s center AND resigning their own? Really wish they could have gotten the kid from Bama and kept up the tradition of signing studs from Bama coming off major injury.

I have no idea what running backs are left or will be left in round 7 :man_shrugging: surely there’s a big name we’ve forgotten about still lurking somewhere?

Another tackle sure why not

the bears actually got a comp pick by mistake but the NFL just let it slide, this didn’t get news because it was a 6th rounder

but eventually bears traded one of those 6ths to move down

and got this guy in the 7th Khyiris Tonga a fat guy who can move but he’s 25 and clearly needs a lot of work but this is the type of players I approve of drafting down here and he’s going to be the darling around bears fans in the preseason. why? he reminds me of the fridge looking at him anyway.

https://twitter.com/TylerRickyTynes/status/1388560958637985793/photo/1

also dave gettleman only watches one college football game a year, the senior bowl, whoever the best players in the game were he drafts

https://twitter.com/rickfish412/status/1388509362289795072

Lol white guy getting dragged.

Just curious, anonymous poll:

• I know the meaning of this symbol
  • I do not know the meaning of this symbol
0 voters