The National Football League

I imagine the hardest part about building a draft board is not just ranking players 1-xx but to accurately show the talent gaps between each players. The value of trading down is much more a factor of this specific draft than a meta analysis of the value of the pick. Although I imagine 99% of draft day trades are initiated by teams that want to trade up into that spot to get their target, not by teams who feel that they are owed some large compensation because they are sitting there with a high pick and donā€™t want to waste it on the top players on their board because they think theyā€™ll be there later in the draft.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/jessica_smetana/status/1388163263276462082?s=21

I was laughing out loud for a good 30s at that.

My 6 yo shushed me because he couldnā€™t hear his online class.

Not just talent gaps but WAR gaps which is much tougher to determine. Some of the teams seem to have already figured it out while others are completely stupid.

When were you at UF? I have a feeling we probably know each other or many of the same people given that you like the Jags and went to UF, lol.

Am I the only one who thinks the Dolphins picked the wrong teammate twice?

I just assumed they were the wrong picks because the Dolphins were the ones drafting them. Otherwise i didnā€™t think you could go wrong with Waddle or Smith.

This weighed heavily in my analysis.

However, I donā€™t think Iā€™d have this nagging feeling if they went with Smith and Rousseau.

Itā€™s like they are just doing a walkthrough, working on blocking the scene. The director tells them to up the energy and theyā€™re all like, ā€œWEā€™RE FINE! WEā€™LL DO IT ON THE DAY!ā€

I imagine Bill Oā€™Reilly smashing the phone after having trouble remembering his stage directions. FUCK IT! WEā€™LL DO IT LIVE!

Yeah, thereā€™s always exceptions, and especially weird spots at schools that attract loads of talent. I thought Burrow showed more than Jones in basically every aspect of QBing, though-- Jones I donā€™t think actually has the accuracy heā€™s touted for, and he threw a ton behind the line of scrimmage in 2020 as well. Plus, two yearsā€™ starting experience vs. one, for whatever thatā€™s worth.

(That said, I also donā€™t think Burrow was some kind of GOAT prospect like some people hyped. I thought he was pretty safe, because he does everything important to QBing well, but I think he lacks the higher-end talent to be in like that Rodgers / Watson type tier, more of a Matt Ryan-level player.)

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1388214882378657799?s=19

I donā€™t know what to believe

Fields has the electricity of Russell Wilson, but too slow of a processor like Alex Smith (despite being intelligent at the game heā€™s too slow to process it), and wildly inconsistent like Rex Grossman.

Boom/bust guy for sure. Leaning the latter sadly, idk anyone that slow who was considered a star in the league.

Its still a ā€œlooksā€ thing. People wonā€™t call Poku in the NBA athletic in a league you have lebron etc.

If he gets the Jeopardy gig, it really wonā€™t matter what he has to give up. Guyā€™s gonna get paid something like 20M/year for something like 50 days of recording sessions.

Heā€™s not getting the Jeopardy gig though

I want the job of the guy who grades the teamsā€˜ draft performance where every team gets an A except the screwups who get a B+ and Houston who got a D (they didnā€˜t have a pick).

Two biggest traits in successful QBs are pocket movement and presnap defense reading. If you do those two things well you can be a QB in the NFL. After that thereā€™s a drop.

Next 3 in order in my opinion are read progression, accuracy, arm strength,

You donā€™t need to adjust to defenses post snap if you know what they are doing and know how to get your feet right to make the throw then you will probably be accurate. Look at Josh Allen, was super inaccurate, but the Bills worked on his feet and now heā€™s accurate.

lol, I wanted Rousseau badly and hate that heā€™s on the Bills. Jaelen has a much higher ceiling though

https://twitter.com/ChrisMClark19/status/1387955909343813635

3 Likes