The National Football League

Yeah I gotta be misunderstanding the rule.

And yeah Favre’s been a deplorable for a long time. Think he took speech money from Ole Miss and never bothered even giving a speech.

So he’s not all bad

3 Likes

Some kickers would start to get paid 15 million a season if they could do that at a 75%clip

End of game situations where the defense is tired…if I have a top 10 offense and am going up against another top 10 offense I’m picking the 1

Some probably can. We’ll just never find out because coaches don’t think a whole lot of 60+ yard field goals

I still like this idea, but I hate the part of it where if a team isn’t running the onside try that the other team just gets handed the ball at the 25 or whatever. I think the original part of this idea is that the kicking off team would actually have to punt from that spot.

Depending on where the rule has them run it from, the resulting field position could be very similar to a regular kickoff, plus it gets rid of the high speed collisions that made kickoffs the most injury-laden play for very little payoff, which is what the NFL hates about it.

Get rid of kickoffs and extra points and football becomes way better to watch

I know I saw it somewhere (the arena league, maybe?), but there was a rule that in the last minute or so of the 4th quarter, the clock stopped if the offense gained no yards. Prevented using the victory formation. I kinda liked the idea.

2 Likes

I like it but it’d be an injury risk for mostly nothing.

The Miracle at the Meadowlands is considered a miracle because that stuff almost never happens

Also sneaks are pretty low-risk plays for fumbles and generally gain something, so teams would just do that.

Unless the rule is that you have to officially gain a yard. But then the problem with that is the inconistency of it depending on the current spot, sometimes you have to gain an inch to gain a yard.

I can only imagine the AIDSy stuff you’d see at first lol. Triple reverses followed by a guy chucking the ball 60 yards in the air OOB, handing off to your fastest player and having him sprint backwards and play keepaway as long as possible, etc.

Then eventually competent coaches will realize the clock stoppage makes it a near freeroll to just run regular passing plays on every down, and accidentally play optimally.

1 Like

Obligatory:

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1385605343326216194?s=19

Real tweet

3 Likes

Thank GOD

Ravens trade Orlando Brown Jr. to the Chiefs. The package involves a ton of picks and pick swapping-- I think Ravens get a 1, 3, 4 this year and 5 next year; Chiefs get a 2 this year and 6 next year.

Wow - well my Chiefs podcasts will actually have something to talk about.

Ravens probably assumed that they wouldn’t sign Brown long-term after his contract expires at the end of the season. So why not get rid of him while you can get more in return?

But the Chiefs saw how fucked up Mahomes got in the SB and really pumped up their O-line.

If Mahomes gets an o-line, he’s basically unstoppable. Even the worst scrub WR will get open if Mahomes has 6+ seconds to throw every time.

Jesus the '83 draft first-round was stacked. 7 HOFers.

lmao all of this was in tecmo super bowl

and it was ****ing great

1 Like