The National Football League

Is his name really McCorkle? I’m not going to take two seconds and google because now I’ll be super sad if it isn’t.

That is his real full name; I posted it because I didn’t want people to be confused if/when I started calling him Corky Jones.

1 Like

doesn’t SF run a lot of play action? That’s why the rumors are flying I suppose.

Fields was definitively better than Lawrence in their h2h but kinda shit the bed in the title game. Football is strange.

I mean if you don’t throw it there, then it’s an illegal forward pass right?

Seems silly to hold that against him.

3 Likes

1 Like

Some of these stories are hilarious.

Madden is the reason they show the 1st down line on the screen.

He loved it. And as he was raving to Mistich about the turducken, Saints owner Tom Benson popped into the booth to say hello. Benson stuck out his hand and Madden had to make a quick decision what to do with his turducken fingers. He quickly licked them and shook Benson’s hand. “That’s the last time Tom Benson ever spoke to me,” Madden once said.

2 Likes

John Madden is the embodiment of football. Both a pioneer, and old fashioned in a lot of cool ways. I’m glad I got to watch him as a commentator, as most kids younger than me will just know him as the namesake for the video game brand that EA is letting go to shit.

While he may have had the idea for the first down line at one point, I did remember seeing this video about how the same engineers that did the glowing hockey puck trail thing ended up spinning off and developing the the technology for the first down line and other on field graphics. How The NFL's Yellow First Down Line Really Works

2 Likes

Class D felony? FOH.

Madden was great to listen to, he would explain all the interesting things going on in the trenches, like how a wham block was set up, or how a pulling guard was used to sell a counter or whatever. Really good tidbits interspersed with his love for food

It was hard to not miss Madden when he left the booth. Most of the new people since him are so sterile and boring. Madden had a ton of charisma.

This is bullshit:

Also he was apparently drinking at the Chiefs facility right before it happened, they’re going to have a civil lawsuit problem if they don’t already.

That is if the victims and families can afford the time and money needed to get a civil suit going.

You don’t think there will be lawyers who will offer to work for a contingency fee?

Sure but these people will have to take time off from work to do shit related to the case and a good lot of people don’t have the privilege of missing work without losing their job. There’s also the emotional toll that comes with this.

I hope they sue and kick ass. Seems like a slam dunk if criminal charges don’t stick.

What work do they have to do? Isnt that the lawyer’s job?

Get deposed?

I’ve been deposed for a car accident. They met with me at my convenience where I lived. I didn’t take time off or anything.

Having an injured kid to take care of probably makes it tougher.

I’m not trying to suggest that it is a ton of work but it’s not zero.

If depositions weren’t work, attorneys wouldn’t be paying experts hundreds of dollars an hour to give them.

Well yea, I get that. But what does that have to do with family having to quit jobs and all that stuff?

Lawyer tells family “We’ll sue for $20 million. I get 60%.” (Or whatever.) How are this kid’s parents forced to quit jobs? The lawyer is doing all the work. Mom and Dad aren’t deposing the Reid family and team or whatever.

If they have to quit jobs to take care of the kid, I imagine that gives them more of an incentive to sue.