The National Football League

I bet arizona to make the playoffs and was amazed I lost. They didn’t emerge to where they were supposed to.

Watt fills a need tho we’ll see

I disagree. Might be a wild card team with a new coach.

They were pretty close to making it last year. Murray seems to have gotten injured and his rushing declined considerably after their 9th game, and they went 2-5 over that stretch, where one more win gets them in the playoffs.

They should bounce back if Murray stays healthy, but also from what I gather from keeping my ear to the ground, Kliff needs to grow a little in terms of his play-calling and adjustments. I think they also need another legit weapon besides Hopkins on offense. (That’s before we get to the defense, which needs a few things, Watt being one of them.)

The division is stacked.

Reid’s son admitted to the cops he had been drinking, the little girl has permanent brain damage, and charges still haven’t been filed? WTF?

Lol at their explanation that they still haven’t received toxicology reports a month later.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/jbbrisco/status/1366787615320666117

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/amp/news/story/lawyer-family-girl-injured-pre-super-bowl-crash-76194769

Updates - sounds like she has permanent brain damage.

I’m trying to bet this. What’s the best line you all have seen for it. Local guy who books my action said he could give me +450, but that seems low. Thoughts?

Seems about right - this shows them at +475. It looks like people are very down on Seattle - I guess factoring in odds Wilson is traded?

Thanks I couldn’t find anything better than that either. I booked it.

+550 William Hill

Marcus Maye’s agent :eyes:

https://twitter.com/ErikBurkhardt/status/1366941735079849987

Just do my idea:

If the first team to touch the ball scores, the second team gets one chance to beat (not tie) that score. Otherwise OT is sudden death as normal.

So if they kick a FG, you have to score a TD. If they score a TD+1, you have to score a TD+2. If they have the balls to go for a TD+2, they win. But if they miss, they leave themselves open to losing to a TD+1.

Think of how exciting it would have been in the AFCCG - knowing Mahomes had to drive for an TD+2 to win, no ties.

It’s debatable if you even want to take the ball in this scenario. I think you do, but it’s a hell of a lot closer than now when winning the coin flip is such a gigantic advantage.

1 Like

The team going first still has a massive advantage.

Can’t be more than it is now.

If you let the team that loses the flip pick between my idea and the current OT rules - they’re going to pick my idea 100 out of 100 times.

In a league filled with Mikes, I’m not so sure

I’m going to LOL so hard if Seattle fucks it up and trades RussGOAT. If I were @MrWookie I’d be shitting myself right now.

It’s close but like college, I think team 2 has a slight advantage. If team 1 fails to score then team 2 plays it safe once in FG territory. If team 1 scores at all then team 2 gets to play with the knowledge that they are going for it on every 4th.

My idea was to play two full 7 minute halves with a change of possession at half time. That way there’s no advantage to going first and the purists who think taking special teams out of the game in overtime are happy.

Or how about this. Each team gets the ball on the 30. First team to score a TD first wins. The team with the ball first has a huge edge, right? Wrong! They are playing simultaneously on different halves of the field. They alternate plays like hand for hand during a poker tourney bubble. If both teams score on their first play (or 2nd, 3rd, etc.) then you start over. A TO is an instant loss (you don’t want someone trying to return a fumble or INT into another active part of the field.

If they alternate plays, then why is there another active part of the field?

They can already do that now but this also takes away the option to tie the game.