The National Football League

Ehh, I disagree. We talking about a guy that’s been to 10 Super Bowls. There’s always some luck involved but to say he’s the luckiest QB ever is dismissing how good he is.

To me the luckiest QB is Dilfer. Dude won a ring because he had the GOAT defense doing 99% of the work.

1 Like

Gronk and Kelce being the same age blows my mind.

I mean, he’s been to 10 Super Bowls. What’s second place among QBs, four? He had the GOAT coach and an excellent defense for 20 years, plus a division where no other teams mounted any competition for more than 1-2 years at a time and were mostly bad. He’s also only had one significant injury and at an age where he could still recover readily from it-- he hasn’t missed a game to injury in 12 years, which is very fortunate for a 43-year-old. It’s not that he’s not great, but no QB could have that level of long-term success without significant luck.

Yeah, that’s wild. They were drafted three years apart!

Aside, Lamar Jackson and Sam Darnold are younger than Joe Burrow.

I’ve had to fact check your last two posts…wild

Juju is only 24 and he’s played 4 seasons, he was 20 for most of his 1st season.

Danielle Hunter was 20 his rookie year, he had a legit shot at sniffing the career sack record (youngest ever to hit 50 sacks) but missing the entire year with neck issues certainly put a damper on that

Yeah, not many players start their careers at 20; you have to be young for your class and also come out after three years. I think Marcus Williams was still 20 on opening day 2017 (so the second-youngest player in his class after JuJu). Penei Sewell will be 20 on opening day 2021 (assuming it goes as planned).

The most unusual case I remember is Amobi Okoye, who moved to America when he was 12 and was placed in the 9th grade. He played four years at college and was still 19 when he was drafted (although he turned 20 before the season started).

Chiefs!!!

1 Like

Elway went to 5. He’s the only other one over 4.

1 Like

So how distracted do we think Andy Reid is that his kid might (probably won’t, but might) spend a long fucking time in prison for killing a kid? And how much will that affect the Chiefs performance on Sunday?

I’d also wonder if the linebacker coach not being available or being distracted would be a negative, but I’m assuming that he didn’t really bring a lot to the table and was there due to nepotism.

If the Packers hire Joe fucking Barry I’m becoming a Bills fan

Yeah Brady for sure is the perfect storm of longevity, stubbornness, at least top 10 skill, binking the top coach/GM in the past 50 years (and yeah willingness to spy/cheat is part of this, unfortunately), and a fair amount of playoff rungood (although just in SBs, I’d say the two Giants games got evened out by SEA and ATL as far as luck goes). Probably not the best playoff QB of all time, but obviously the most successful.

1 Like

OK, then who is?

I’m not claiming anybody in particular is, just that it gets into different eras and becomes semi-impossible to compare. If you swapped Brady with Montana (or Starr or whoever) in spacetime, which would do better in the other’s place? No idea.

Not that this matters much because it gets into lolsamplesize with the vast majority of those above him on the list, but Brady’s currently 15th in all time playoff passer rating. As far as guys with a lot of playoff games under their belt, he’s 5.7 points behind Montana and 11.6 behind Rodgers, for example.

Brady is 14th in playoff ANY/A over half a yard behind Rodgers at 5th. Mahomes crushing it obviously.

Eagles looking for a ‘Matthew Stafford package’?! More like looking to send picks with Wentz to get off the contract.

I’m sure the bears will oblige

sounds like they asked for more for some reason and immediately everyone hung up the phone

And even stuff like just being in a crappy division forever. The Pats run probably looks very different even if they’re just in the AFC North with the Steelers and Ravens or the AFC South with Manning.

It’s not Brady’s fault he happened to be surrounded with qualified people his entire career. If anything, it shows how crappy the people running NFL teams really are. I mean shit every NFL team passed on the dude like 6x before the Patriots took a flyer on him.

Because he’s not good.