The National Football League

Imagine being traded from LA to Detroit. I get the guy is getting paid a ton but that might be the single worst move in the entire NFL.

He could have been traded to Jacksonville.

Thereā€™s sun in Jacksonville at least. Allegedly.

Iā€™m not sure that enough to make up for the other deficiencies.

1 Like

Iā€™ve gone from really wanting Deshaun on the Dolphins to being more ambivalent now. It sounds like whatever team gets him will completely empty out the cupboard to get him. Might not be enough left to build a winning team around him. At least there is a shot that Tua makes a leap and heā€™ll be cheap for another few years.

1 Like

I canā€™t imagine the Rams try trading for Stafford without asking about Watson first.

Iā€™m assuming the ask was a non starter.

Teams with new QBā€™s next season list gonna be looooooooong

I donā€™t think Stafford is washed at all; I think heā€™s a very talented passer who has been stuck on a largely mismanaged franchise, and I wouldnā€™t be surprised at all if he had an excellent season with the Rams. Goff has been a ā€œscheme open his first readā€ QB for his career and teams really figured it out the last couple of seasons.

Still feel like overall this is a win for the Lions but itā€™s also an upgrade for the Rams that if they maintain their defensive play without Brandon Staley (and add a downfield threat) they could be legit title contenders. Winning a Super Bowl is the kind of thing that tends to forgive giving up a ton in a deal.

Funny aside is given their other trades and such Rams now will not have made a first-round pick from 2017-2023. Meaning until 2024 their most recent first-round pick will have beenā€¦ Jared Goff!

LOL at all the dunking on the Rams. They go deep in the playoffs every year. With, before now, a terrible QB! In a brutal division.

Nyc to Cleveland is pretty bad (obj), although itā€™s more like some part of New Jersey to Cleveland

1. LOL GOFF
  2. LOL RAMS

I stand by LOL RAMS. That Goff contract is a self-inflicted wound, and Stafford doesnā€™t exactly stop the bleeding. His cap number is not that much lower without being that much better. They have gone deep in the playoffs every year before paying Goff, and now, while theyā€™re not paying Goff, theyā€™re paying big for Stafford whoā€™s not much cheaper.

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1355718782866444290

Itā€™s exactly this. Theyā€™re giving up two firsts and a third to get rid of a bad contract, but theyā€™re also taking on a bad contract in return. Itā€™s a little less bad for meaningfully less long, but theyā€™re still hamstrung for the next couple of years (instead of 3-4 years) with a bad cap situation and bad QB play.

1 Like

North Jersey is fantastic if you have money. He probably lived in Madison or something.

1 Like

Hard disagree.

edit: In case my previous posts didnā€™t make it clear, I think Stafford is a substantially better QB than Goff.

Iā€™m taking Rams to miss the playoffs.

49ers canā€™t get injury ravaged every year for the rest of time

Stafford is a good QB

Didnā€™t Stafford kneel at the Thanksgiving game? Hope he wins a Super Bowl.

Sean Mcvay is probably better at evaluating QB talent than we are. Iā€™m assuming he had to sign off on this.

Counterpoint: They had Goff and re-signed him to a huge contract.

2 Likes

I was thinking that contract was signed before he got there. In light of that new evidence fire Mcvay

4 Likes